18

The boys and I were sitting in the SUV, heading to the hospital. Jungkook was nervously bouncing his knee up and down, Jimin was silently staring out the window, and Taehyung was scrolling through his phone robotically, clearly not reading anything. 

The SUV pulled into the hospital parking lot. Feeling the need to give some words of support to the hurting boys, I broke the silence. 

"Everything will be okay." I winced mentally at those weak words of "encouragement". That did not help at all.

The truth was, I wasn't so good at verbally expressing my inner thoughts and emotions. Sure, I felt strongly about things, and I had a whole movie playing in my head at all times, but I was poor when it came to putting them into words for others to understand. The only time I could do it was in lyrics. 

The boys gave me no answer, as expected, and one by one we filed out of the SUV, into a swarm of cameras and people. 

I never understood the audacity of paparazzi, in general, but especially in times of grief like this. How dare they even overstep a boundary like this? I felt myself actually get angrier at the thought. The boys were humans, feeling real emotions, real grief, and who are these paparazzi to come to the hospital and shove cameras in their faces?

The boys kept their head down as they followed the bodyguards battling the swarm of people. 

"Jungkook Oppa, Jimin Oppa, you guys are so handsome!" One fan screamed.

"I hope only the maknae line survives forever!" Another screamed. 

I looked into the crowd shocked that someone would even say such a thing. Jungkook looked up for a moment too, but then quickly concealed his head once again. Wanting to give him some comfort, I grabbed his arm and gave it a small squeeze. 

After what felt like ages, the boys and I finally entered the hospital and headed towards the hallway of rooms. The boys were staying in two connected rooms, two members in each. We stopped in front of a door. Jimin went to open the door, but stopped himself for a second. We waited. None of us really wanted to see them, but at the same time, we had been dying to see them. 

The door revealed Hoseok and Yoongi, in their beds, Hoseok was asleep, but Yoongi's head perked up at the sight of us entering. 

Jimin rushed to Yoongi's side, his eyes bright after being able to see his hyung. Jungkook followed, but more hesitantly, still not adjusted to the sight of his hyungs in hospital beds with stitches and bandages all over. Taehyung approached Yoongi on the other side, kneeling down and looking at him with eyes of worry. I stayed in the middle of the room watching the boys.

Yoongi had broken his left arm and had a few stitches on his forehead. He also badly bruised his hip bone.

I looked over at Hoseok, his injuries less, but still very much there. He also had stitches on his forehead, and he had a wrap that was draped over his right ankle tightly. 

I looked to the right of Hoseok's bed and spotted the connecting door to the next room. I gulped. On that side was Namjoon and Jin.  

Jimin came up behind me and tapped my shoulder. "Moon-ssi, are you okay? I am going to go to the other room now, will you come with me?" His eyes were still filled with sorrow, but there was a hint of optimism now that he was able to see his hyungs at least living and breathing. 

"I'm okay. I can come with you." I lied. I was not okay. Nor was I ready for what I was about to see.

I followed behind Jimin. He opened the door and then stopped dead in his tracks. The little optimism from before leaving his face in seconds. He moved into the room a couple of moments later. What had he seen?

I took a deep breath and entered the room. Namjoon. He laid there. Lifeless, but at the same time he looked peaceful. Both his legs were wrapped in casts, and his right shoulder was wrapped in a bandage. He had cuts on his face, but they were like the blemishes on the moon- It couldn't take away from his breathtaking beauty. 

Jimin stood there sadly looking between both of his hyungs, unsure of what to do. The sound of the heartbeat monitors filled the silence. 

I looked over at Jin. He also laid lifeless, except his handsome face was covered by a bandage. 

Jimin, unable to bear the sight anymore, practically ran out of the room sobbing. I watched as the door closed, leaving me alone. Suddenly, Namjoon's heart monitor went crazy. The beeping noise kept speeding up, letting out high screeches. Two nurses burst threw the door frantically. They went to Namjoon's side.

"Defibrillators now!" One of the nurses practically yells. 

Another nurse walks in towards me. "Ma'am, you must go now." She motions towards the door. I look back at the scene surrounding Namjoon. The nurse began spreading gel on the machine, while the other pressed some buttons.

"Prepare for shock."

"Clear the patient!"

"Clear!" The other nurse replies.

"Shocking. 3..2..1.."

Then, I heard a high pitched round-up and a loud thump, a strong ringing in my ear engulfing me. Tears began to spill from my eyes like a fountain. Was he going to die? What was happening?

"Ma'am we have to go. Now." The nurse practically dragged me out of the room. Before she could close the door, I looked at Namjoon's face, his eyebrows now clearly showing the stress and discomfort his body was being put through. 

"Clear?"

"Clear!"

"Shocking. 3..2..1.." Thump.