Chapter 3: Night Stalking

Clark's POV

I was becoming increasingly worried about my little brother. I was able to see he had injuries such as bruises on his torso, as well as a cut above one of his thick eyebrows. I tried to ask him but he simply ignored me and I could see now why our mom was worried.

Again, this only added to the guilt I felt for not having been here when he needed me most and now, I was having a hard time getting through to him. He refused to let me into his life, did not want to talk to me or much less, have a simple catch-up conversation.

I felt guilty for doing so but I used my enhanced vision to see through the wall and into Omar's room. He was putting on a sweatshirt hoodie and zipped it halfway, and then placed the hood over his head. He placed his backpack over his back, opened his window, and started climbing down, and he was fast.

Stepping out of my room, I immediately walked out of the house the moment he was at a safe distance. I made myself as scarce as possible because he was good at detecting a ruse and it seemed that the older he got, the smarter he became.

Sometimes, he was too smart for his own good and I was now afraid to know what it was he has learned on his own during my absence.

I ran at human speed. I was unable to speed toward him because he would notice it and probably freak out. Not to mention I also did not want to alert him that I was on to him.

This would spell double the trouble.

I continued following him, maintaining a long distance to not alert him. I used my super-hearing to maintain my distance and also used my enhanced vision to keep an eye on him even from this distance.

He walked into the empty town square. Then he stopped for a brief moment and started checking his surroundings. He was being cautious and was doing it in a way where anyone would have assumed he was just simply going out and about like nothing, but I knew better and knew what he was up to. I had taught him how to be vigilant without making it obvious he was scouting his surroundings.

This kid surprised me from time to time, but tonight he was even more so.

He got up and continued walking. It seemed almost as if he suspected he was being watched and pulled out a pocket knife. I did not like that he had because what if he injured someone badly enough or what if his weapon was used against him?

I was tempted to break my cover and tell him I was following him, but I had to know what he was up to and tonight was likely the only opportunity I was going to have.

He then met up with Laurel, her younger sister Sara, and Oliver Queen, son of the billionaires Robert and Moira Queen.

I used my hearing to listen to their conversation and get a good glimpse of what was happening here with these boneheaded teenagers.

As smart as my kid brother was, he was being a bonehead.

"Wow, these bows and arrows are sick!" said Omar.

"I had them made special with trick and specialty arrows. I figured punching it up a bit would be fun when kicking criminal ass!" said Oliver.

"Good, these blackmailing bastards are gonna know that if they mess with our town, they're messing with us...the Canaries" said Omar.

"I like that" said Laurel.

"Same here" said Sara. "Now let's go kick some ass!" and all of them put on a face-covering to hide their identities and started walking.

Then another assailant approached them.