Chapter 34: Stolen Blood

After we landed back home, Yuda Kal was there, waiting for us, with my ailing brother when he was supposed to be in the hospital.

Rüya attempted to use her powers but she knocked her out. The moment she was about to get up, I motioned for her to stay down, and she did.

Clark was struggling to breathe and it was clear his lungs were failing. He was clearly in some kind of respiratory distress.

"What do you want?" I demanded though it was stupid, since I was dealing with a dark Kryptonian goddess set on destroying this planet.

She dropped my brother and charged at me with her speed. I managed to grab and shove her until I noticed she had something in her hand that she dropped, and it looked like a sample of my brother's blood.

I sped over to try and grab it but she got to it before I could. Dawoud and I tried to fight her, using our Kryptonian abilities. But even with our combined abilities, we could not outdo her and shoved us several feet away with her speed.

She gave an evil glare, the irises of her eyes glowing yellow around the pupils.

Yuda Kal

***

Dawoud attempted to use his heat vision and aimed it at the vial, but she flew away before he could destroy it.

At this point, I saw an unconscious Clark with blue lips, realizing we had to act quickly before he got any worse.

We took him inside the house and laid him down on the sofa. I grabbed the plant and then grabbed a molcajete and grounded the rose by adding some water, turning it into a fine paste. I then strained it and put the liquid in a vial and ran over to Clark, who was semi-conscious. I lifted him and motioned for him to drink it.

He was barely moving his mouth but he managed to drink the antidote. I lied him back down and after half an hour, he started to breathe better and his skin tone and lip color, returned to normal.

Dawoud, Rüya, and I went to the kitchen and sat down. We made more of the antidote and took it, and made some for my mom, Lois and Lucy, in case any of them started to display symptoms.

Then my mom texted me that Clark was missing and sent her a text, telling her he was here and that he was recovering.

"My mom just messaged me that Clark is missing but told her he's here, so they should be home soon."

"Good" said Rüya.

"But something about this has me rattled. This was a little too easy and Yuda Kal had his blood. But for what possible reason could she want it?"

"If I am not mistaken, she probably took it to harvest the virus out of it and likely to weaponize it" said Dawoud.

"You think she will do that?"