Chapter 31: Visitor from another Universe

"Where the hell am I?!" the boy asked, desperately.

"Who are you?" Clark asked.

"And you don't know who I am..." he sighed. "Great. I think I just crossed universes yet again. And my uncle and brother, they just wouldn't let me stay home on Earth-2."

Clark and I watched him and we turned to one another. I then noticed Clark did not seem quite like himself. Like he was not feeling well, but then again that was likely due to him being no different than a human. Maybe he was adjusting to being human, and maybe it was taking its toll on him.

"You're from a different side of the multiverse, I'm assuming?" I asked.

"Yes, I am."

"Where are you from?" Clark asked.

"That's a long ass story, but I'm from Earth-Prime."

"Earth-Prime?" I looked at Clark.

"Yeah, where the hell am I at?" he snarkily asked.

"You're on Earth-38" Clark confirmed.

"Earth-thirty...of course, this is a new version of Earth-38. Not the original one since the original one was converged along with other earths during the Anti-Monitor Crisis to form Earth-Prime."

"You're aware of that event?" my brother asked.

"Sadly, yes. Anyway, I have no idea how I got here and I'm gonna need some help getting back to my earth."

"Sure, but what's your name?" Clark finally asked.

"I'm Dawoud. Dawoud Kent El-Tahan."

"Kent?" I asked.

"Yeah, my uncle is Clark Kent, his Earth-Prime version, at least."

"Wait, so I'm your uncle on Earth-Prime?" Clark asked.

"Oh yes, and you're quite condescending. But aside from you being my uncle's doppelganger, you're also my brother's on Earth-2."

"Wait, Earth-Prime and Earth-2?" I asked, confused.

"It's one hell of a long story but I'll make it short. I was born on Earth-Prime but my father ended up taking me to Earth-2, where I grew up. Then, when I hit the big One-Eight, my mom sucked through a breach and ended up on Earth-Prime only to later find out that I was never from Earth-2 but from..."

"Earth-Prime" I said. "I can see why it's quite complicated to explain."

"Yeah, but this time I was sucked into yet another breach and I have no idea how, or how I'm going to get back home."

"You said the last time this happened was because your mom sucked you through it?"

"Yes, another long story but right now, I need help getting home."

"You sure do get straight to the point" said my brother.

"Well, I learned it from the best" he said sarcastically, looking at my brother with what appeared to be contempt. Though, he was clearly trying to hold back as this version was not his brother, or uncle.

Except, it was obvious his presence did bother him a bit.

"And by 'the best' I'm assuming it was either your uncle or brother?" asked my brother.