Chapter 8: Fortress

We were right in the middle of nothing but snow. The wind was blowing somewhat but the cold was pretty extreme. This subzero weather was not something I was all that used to but then again, my brother could handle a heck of a lot more than I could.

There, I saw what looked like a whole bunch of long and pointed ice crystals. It was a beautiful sight and one I never imagined I would ever lay my eyes on.

"This is the fortress?" I asked while he held me, still in the air.

"Yes" he chuckled. "I'll take you inside so you can see for yourself what it's like."

Entering, it was icy but it was fancier. It was hard to describe because the scene was out of this world and I mean, out of this world. There were two ice statues of a man and a woman, holding what looked like some kind of sphere.

 There were two ice statues of a man and a woman, holding what looked like some kind of sphere

"So this is your fortress?"

"Well, it's both mine and Kara's."

"So you both share it?"

"Yep...now come on, there's someone I want you to meet."

            "Who?" I raised an eyebrow

We walked over to the command center area and he placed a red crystal over an icy-looking stand. Then a hologram of sorts appeared, revealing a man.

"Father" said Clark.

"Kal-El, my son" said the hologram. "It's so good to see you. It's been a while."

"I know. But the reason why I came is that I finally revealed to my little brother who I am and where I come from."

"Have you?" said the hologram. Then, it turned to me. "I am Jor-El, the son of the late Seg-El and father of Kal-El, the last son of Krypton."

"I'm Omar."

"Omar, very interesting name. I know it's an Arabic name meaning Flourishing and Long Living."