Chapter 33: The Sacred Rose

As we walked into the palace, which had somewhat of an Ottoman and Arab style. Some of the sofas were placed against the wall, as was common in Turkey and in most Arab countries, especially in Lebanon.

Rüya stood next to me, scared and they had cuffed her and I with Meta dampening cuffs, which suppressed our abilities and therefore, making us even more powerless than we had been moments ago.

The prince, whatever his name was, walked down with who appeared to be his mom. She definitely did not look like someone who liked it when outsiders came in this island, which was quite hidden, despite being surrounded by several countries that shared borders with others in the Mediterranean.

"I see we have invaders coming into our land" said the queen, Safiyah Sohail.

"We're not invaders" I said.

"Then why have you come to this sacred island?" she asked, calmly and definitely not in an aggressive tone, as I expected.

"We want a piece of the Desert Rose" I said.

"And an outsider knows about our sacred flower" said the Prince. "We should eliminate them without hesitation!"

 "We should eliminate them without hesitation!"

Azat Sohail, the Crown Prince of Coryana

***

"Azat, relax, my son. I will decide if they should be eliminated, or not!" said Safiyah. "Now, if they can be un-cuffed?"

"But your highness..." one of the guards protested.

"I don't think they came here to cause an invasion or anything of the sort. I believe they came for a purpose, to cure someone they care about. But I am curious to know how it is that this young man even knows about the existence of such a powerful flower?"

"Because I told him about it!" Dawoud came, and he was free.

"How did you manage to get out of captivity?!" Safiyah asked, surprised.

"I have my tricks up my sleeve. But then again, I'm not from around here, or this universe for that matter."

"What universe are you from?" asked Azat.

"I'm from Earth-Prime, and the Coryana of my earth is really no different than this one, as are you Queen Safiyah!" Dawoud said in a sarcastic tone. "And I guess that even here, or at least you in this universe, are the leader of the Many Arms of Death Assassin Organization of Assassins!"

She looked taken aback, like she was fearful she had just been caught but it was also obvious her son, had no idea.

"Mom, is this true?"

"Yes, it is" she said without hesitation. "It is how we've kept this island free from invaders, though they often do work outside of it."

"Look, I know your tricks and if memory serves, you are no different than your Earth-Prime version, so let's cut to the case" Dawoud got serious. "We need a piece of the Desert Rose because someone we care about dearly, is dying of a disease..."