Chapter 20

•Riot•

When Luca and I were finally able to come home we found Polina asleep in the basement where she always slept. I didn't like her there, I couldn't get myself to go back upstairs without her so I scooped her up into my arms and carried her all the way to my bed where she belonged. Luca fussed that I was going to wake her up but she never even stirred, instead she sank into my bed with a content sigh. We both stripped down to our boxers and slid under the blanket on each side of her as if we had done it many times before.

My head was chaos, I didn't bother closing my eyes because I knew I would lie there for hours before sleep claimed me.

Giovanni had shot one of our best capos, Giuseppe, in the head at the beginning of our meeting after Giuseppe called Nolani a whore. Giovanni is so quick to react lately and it's going to get us all killed. What he should've done is let Nolani put Giuseppe in his place. It would've shown him and the other capos she's there to stay and she doesn't need Giovanni to fight her battles. I was so annoyed by the entire situation, the way Giovanni can't think straight with Nolani around, that I got into an argument with her and told her about all the ways I had manipulated their relationship. Not my finest moment but I was beyond caring at that point.

While I was staring up at the ceiling, lost in thought Polina jerked beside me. I glanced over at her, the terror her blue-gray eyes held making my stomach churn. When she told me about her nightmare I found myself aggravated that even her dreams weren't safe from that bastard of a man she shared blood with. I tried to distract her but her answers to any questions I asked angered me. When she admitted if it weren't for her sisters she wouldn't be in a rush to get out of here something inside me ignited and I needed to taste her more than I needed anything else in life.

Now I found myself above her, our bodies molded together like two pieces of a battered puzzle. Her fingers dig into my scalp and I let her take control of our kiss, reveling in the way her tongue slides against mine.

I missed her, the way my emotions are escalating rapidly toward her is worrisome but I try my best to ignore it. What would she do if she knew the hold she has over Luca and I? It's dangerous to let someone have that much control over you and yet I feel as if I've handed it over to her without even realizing it.

She moans in my mouth and I soak the sound in, wishing to hear it again and again. I don't try to pull away from the kiss until she's pliant under me, her hand that had been in my hair now gliding across my shoulder as she mapped out the surface of my body with her fingertips.

I look over at Luca, his eyes hooded as he watches us. "I didn't wake her up, she had a bad dream and woke up on her own." My gaze goes back to hers, my body shading her stormy eyes from the moonlight. "We should chase her demons away, show her the only thing she should fear is us."

Polina takes a sharp inhale and my lips curl into a grin.

"I do have the image of her tied to this bed stuck in my head." Luca grumbles.

I arch an eyebrow at Polina, cocking my head to the side. "What do you say?"

She contemplated my question for a second and I wished I could see the emotions flooding her eyes as they always did when she thought something over.

"Okay." She whispers.

I rise from the bed and Luca swiftly takes my place over her, growling as their mouths meet. I switch the lamp in the corner of the room on, filling the space with soft yellow light. I tug the drawer of the nightstand open and remove the roll of jute rope I keep in there. Both Luca and I have practiced shibari for a couple years now. I've had his entire body tied up in intricate knots hanging from my ceiling many times. It's a position I'd love to see Polina one day.