C H A P T E R 1

"Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                     Chapter 1

I awoke as I listened to my alarm, which was sitting on my bedside table. I sighed and bent over to turn the unbearable sound off.

I examined my small room, cups and plates that had been left for days were scattered on my desk.

I forced a smile to myself before getting out of bed and placing my fluffy slippers on.

I heard a knock at the door which made me turn my head to the lightly pink-painted door.

"Open up Sophie." I heard my roommate yelling through the door.

I walked towards the door and opened it to see an energetic Lilly.

lily has been my roommate for the past 4 years and I've loved every second I got trapped inside the same house as her, she is always so happy and can always make literally anyone laugh or smile without even trying.

"I came to remind you that you need to get ready for your first day of work!!!" she shouted like it was the most exciting thing ever.

A few months ago I sent an application to be a teacher at a high-performing academy.

They later emailed me saying I was going to be an assistant for maths.

When I broke the news out to Lily, she hasn't stopped reminding me.

"I will leave it to you miss Ellison" which was my last name "and tell me when you are done changing I want to drive you". She smiled and closed the door behind her I sighed and looked in my closet I didn't have time last night to prepare any clothes for the following day leaving me throwing clothes on the floor that weren't suitable for the first day of school.

I finally found the perfect outfit (il let yall imagine) I looked over to my light pink clock that hung on the wall. As you could probably tell by how much light pink was in my room I guess u could say I liked the colour pink. 

I was assigned to get there around 8:20 so I could set up anything I needed to.

I wasted no time before quickly hopping into the shower and washing my hair and body. I got out and wrapped a towel around my hair and dried myself before getting dressed.

I did my hair and put on some light makeup, I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled it's been a long time since I put on some makeup and did my hair somewhat decent. I headed into the kitchen. "You look so good!" Lilly said drinking her every morning ice coffee.

"Thanks, Lil"

"do you want me to make you something to eat?"

"no, thank you I'm a little stressed" don't get me wrong getting into your dream school is so exciting but for some reason, I don't feel as happy as I should be, I've been waiting for this moment for ages and I  feel mostly scared and stressed, I just can't seem to find the excitement but I'm sure il settle in and il stop worrying about it.

"okay, well we should get going you don't want to be late," Lilly said as she got up and grabbed her keys to get into her car.

I sat in the passenger seat closing the door behind me before the car started pulling out of the drive.

"so what is it your doing today?"

I chuckled "isn't this the hundredth time I'm telling you I'm going to be a maths assistant."

"why? maths it's so boring I did maths for literally 100 years I would never put myself through it again."

I giggled "I don't know why, I like it I just get it if that makes sense"

"my bestie is such a nerd." She said this every time I mentioned that I liked maths.

"am not"  "are so"..... this went on for a couple of minutes until we reached the school "I il see you later, bye Lilly" I smiled at her she smiled back. I opened the car door to get out but before I could open the door fully "are you forgetting something, Sophie?

I smiled knowing what she was talking about I closed the door before giving her a sitting down maybe Awkward kind of hug "you can do better than that!" She started hugging me tightly like she was trying to kill me "ahh first day of work I can't wait to hear all about it later" It sounded as if she thought I was going to bring lots of tea home. Surely there wouldn't be that much drama going on would there?

"Okay, I got you I'll see u later Lil bye" she let go and waved I waved back and got out of the car.

I walked towards the door that had a huge sign above saying "reception" I was guessing that was reception.

I sighed as I stood in front of the door, was I really ready for the first day of work after everything that happened.

Thank you for reading i hope you liked that chapter!

Don't forget to

L I K E

C O M M E N T

F O L L O W

S H A R E

Reading all of yalls comments make my day Thank you

Word count: 870