C H A P T E R 5

how lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard
-Winnie the Pooh-

C H A P T E R 5

He got in the driver's seat and put his big veiny hands on the driving wheel. After telling him where I lived which was probably going to be a regret, we sat in complete somehow comfortable silence, until he took a deep sigh "Look Sophie im......"

---------------------------------------

"Look Sophie I'm sorry" Despite his anger, his voice was filled with care

As I choked on air, I glanced at him in confusion: "What are you talking about?"?"

As he asked me, "Are you deaf or something?", I was unsure of saying anything else so as not to anger him. It's difficult for me to believe that I have ever heard him say something like that.

There is something about the word sorry that just does not fit with his personality.

Sitting in silence, I played with my fingers. A hand gripped my thigh and I leapt a bit as a hand caressed my thigh. I looked down, his hand was caressing my thigh. I know I shouldn't say this but I kind of liked it so much that I didn't try and remove his hand.

Why am I letting him do this? Why am I enjoying his touch?

As he put his hand on the wheel, his touch ceased, making me sigh. Before I realized, we were already at my house. I said thank you before getting out of the car. I walked to the front door and turned before I walked inside. He was still waiting, probably for me to go inside.... how sweet... What no not sweet, not sweet at all. There's nothing sweet about that creature. Okay maybe that's too harsh. I apologised in my head just in case someone was reading my mind and heard my harsh words.

I entered and headed straight to the kitchen. I saw a note from Lily saying that she was leaving to stay at her boyfriend's for a couple of days.

I opened the freezer and got hold of some of my favourite flavour ice cream tubs. I opened them while sitting on the couch thinking about a movie to watch. I ended up sleeping after finishing the ice cream and movie. DING! I woke up to a ding beside me. I slowly awoke as I grabbed my phone to check who was texting me in the morning.

I opened my messages, there was a text from an unknown number. I opened it curious to see what it was. 'Lily, it's me, Ryder. I wanted to ask if we could meet at The Café. I need to talk to you.' I scanned the text over and over again as if it wasn't real. This is a side of Ryder that I never thought I would see.

I jumped off the couch and headed to my room to get my outfit ready. I wasn't planning to get glammed up just to meet Ryder. I mean he isn't that important. But if I said I didn't look like a bad bitch right now, I would be lying. I got my bags and headed out to walk to the cafe luckily enough it wasn't that far away. The door 'pinged as I entered. I looked around and there he was sitting in the corner. I walked up to him, my heels tapping against the wood floor. In response to this, he turned around before I took a seat opposite him.

"What did you need?" I asked not wasting any time.

"I just wanted to apologize for making you cry yesterday is that alright with you?" He asked with a bit of sarcasm.

"No it's okay" I forced a smile. We sat in silence for a few minutes before my mouth opened uninvitingly.

"Why are you so rude to me and your class?" The second I heard what I said, I immediately regretted it. Let me tell you, his reaction was not pleasant, and I mean it, "I'm sorry?"