C H A P T E R 4

"When life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles."

-Winnie the pooh-

Chapter 4

I didn't want to be near him so I stood up and walked towards the door I didn't hear him coming after me which I was grateful about.

I walked out of the school but I realised I forgot something.

------------------

I realised I'd forgotten my bags on top of my desk. I would have left it there to collect tomorrow if I hadn't put my phone inside.  I moaned and walked back to the classroom praying that Ryder wouldn't be in there.

I reached into my pocket to draw out the keys to unlock the door. I shut it behind me as I  looked around, Ryder was sitting at his desk no surprise that he was darting right at me

"Your back to finish the discussion we had before you stormed off like a child?" This guy is really getting on my nerves why won't he leave me alone?

"I'm just here to collect my bag that's all,"  I said hoping he wouldn't say anything else.

"do you need a ride home?" He said, why is he sounding like he cares we all know for a fact that he couldn't give two shits about me. "I don't need a ride but thank you."

"How are you going to get home then? I wouldn't expect you to have a car." I glanced at him gosh how can someone be so rude I sighed loudly and held my bags.

"What's that supposed to mean." I eventually said feeling barely fearless to stand up for myself.

"I mean look at you." I glanced down at myself. "Your clothes look like they're from a dumpster." The only reason why he's saying that is because he can afford any clothing in the world.

If you are shocked I understand I mean what kind of billionaire would want to work as a teacher at a public school? I found out a few years ago all of his school years he was studying to be a teacher reason is that he and his family are in a gang the reason why he's a teacher is so people wouldn't suspect him of being a gang member when I found this out let me tell you he was furious and I mean furious so furious that he pulled a blade on me and threatened to kill me and my family if I told anyone.

Of course, his sinister words worked, I haven't told anyone yet but I suggest to myself every day that I should tell someone to end his dangerous illegal behaviour.

I strolled out the door highly insulted by his statement even though I was used to him saying that kind of stuff back in high school.

I walked to the carpark I knew I would have to walk home the bus wasn't an option for me since I don't have the money to chuck away when my house isn't even that far.

I started walking along the streets pulling my bags with me I looked up at the sky while continuing to walk the sky was a gray dull paint meaning now or later it was going to start chucking it down I begged in my head that it wouldn't start now I've already had a baddish day I don't want it to get even worse.

A few seconds later I felt a small raindrop land on my head, great it's going to rain, out of all the hours you could have picked for it to rain you decided now when I had to walk home from a bad day. great just fucking great.

As expected the rain got heavy and heavy causing me to get drenched, by looking at where I was, I would say I have roughly another 20 minutes left to walk which didn't shock me, I wasn't really a fast walker or a fast runner which caused lessons like PE to be a disaster back in high school.

I started shivering as the rain hit me, my hair was dancing in the wind and my clothes were sticking to me not the perfect situation to be in I felt like crying I was surprised today that I didn't have a break down I mean who wouldn't though I just found out that I will be working with my highschool bully and by the look of things he hasn't changed the slightest still the mean toxic person I knew before.

I splashed through puddles as I continued walking through the streets until I felt a huge puddle of water hit me like a wrecking ball. I turned to my right a car splashed me and stopped next to me.

I watched the car as the door opened and a man got out that man being Ryder!

I started walking faster thinking he wanted to waffle on about the seating plan again, I heard steps in puddles coming closer to me.

"Sophie wait!" I turned to face him "what do you want?" There's no way he came here to say sorry not in a million years.

"I'd drop you home." Were my ears working okay was he on drugs?

"No thank you," I said about to walk away "It wasn't a question it was a command." His dark growl spoke sending me nervous.

I don't know why but my body felt like it needed to obey so  I walked towards him and followed him into his car as I sat down I noticed water droplets being dropped onto his seats. I don't know why I cared so much to say sorry for wetting his seat, after all, he's the one who should be sorry, for all the things he did to me and I care about his seat.

"Don't worry about the seats." He must have noticed the worried expression, he used to tell me all the time that I had a face that was easy to read I'm still not sure if that's a good or bad thing I'm going to guess it's a bad thing since he said it.

He got in the driver's seat and put his big veiny hands on the driving wheel. After telling him where I lived which was probably going to be a regret, we sat in complete somehow comfortable silence, until he took a deep sigh "Look Sophie im......"

---------------

Sorry for leaving yall on a cliffhanger but I hope yall enjoyed today's chapter!

How do yall feel about Ryder?

Thank you for reading i hope you liked that chapter!

Don't forget to

L I K E

C O M M E N T

F O L L O W

S H A R E

Reading all of yalls comments make my day Thank youWord count: 1111