Her Mistake

Caroline's eyes fluttered as she began to wake up. Everywhere was dark, so dark there was no reflection from any side.

It was like there was a shortage of air, her breathing was shuttered.

"Where am I?" she whispers.

In a few seconds, her memory flashed back to what had happened and where she was.

"HELLO! HELLO! CAN SOMEONE HEAR ME?!!!" Her voice was echoing like she was a hundred feet underground. - Actually, she was.

She struggled to free her hands, but it was no use. Her hands had been tied to the iron chair she sat on with chains along with her legs.

Her pulse was racing in fear, no one knew where she was. She did not tell anyone about where she was going.

No one is coming. - Not even her Jeremy. He was out of town.

The thought of Jeremy being out of town rolled tears down her eyes.

"What is she going to do to me?"

I won't be in hurry to know if I were you.

She whirled her head to the side at the sound of an elevator open, but not the usual elevator she was used to. It sounded like an old elevator with a slide gate.

Immediately after the gate slide down shut, she began to hear the sound of shoe heels coming closer to her, 'ko ko ko ko ko'. She could not tell from which direction, the sound was echoing.

She waved her head from left to right, right to left with shaky breathing, "Who's there? Please, please, please!" She pleaded terrified.

Everything went quiet for another few seconds and suddenly, the light began to turn on, one after the other. So much light, like it, is a photo studio. She immediately clapped her eyes shut.

By the time she fluttered them open slowly, Evelyn's fave was what she sees right in front of her, with her wicked grin.

"Let's begin, shall we?"

"Please, please, please. Let me go. What is wrong with you?" Wrong tone Caroline, don't you think?

"Hm!" Evelyn stood up straight, draw a chair closer, sat down, and crossed her legs. "Listen to me, child. Because of you, the marriage I have worked and sacrificed for, I now have to doubt all I know.
This is what I don't get, what do you hope to active by coming into my house?"

"You won't get away with this. People know where I am. They will certainly come looking for me."

Evelyn laughed loud and suddenly stopped. The look in her eyes spoke volumes and was terrifying. "No one knows where you are dear. Right now, you are on leave at work. And your neighbor friend 'Collins' is on the cruise with his girlfriend from Mexico."

Surprise was mixed with fear on Caroline's face.

"Oh, don't look so surprised honey. It is my job. I know everything about my victim." Evelyn rested her back, "And you my dear, you just become my victim."

Caroline blinked in fear.

"You're free to scream and shout anything you want, nobody will hear you. But I will suggest you don't. You going to need your strength to get out of here."

Caroline looked relieved when she mentioned 'get out of here'.

"But believe me when I say this." Evelyn continued, "When you leave this place, your life will never remain the same. When you see someone else's husband, you will run like they are contagious.
That of cause, if I don't mess too much with your mind and make you run from everything, including animals." Evelyn smiles deviously.