Change Of Plan

Evelyn was pacing up and down, glancing at Carl's system now and then like she was expecting something to pop up, then continued pacing, again and again with her fingernails in her mouth.

"Eve, you need to come down, please!"

" Something is wrong Carl, I can feel it. Jo won't just go silent on me like that." She returns her fingers to her mouth.

Carl let out a deep breath and rolled his chair back to his computer table, "Hey, Eve!" Evelyn whirled back. "Come check this."  She moved closer to him, and leaned in behind him to look into the system, "You are right." glancing at her, "She got her..."

Evelyn's eyes changed in anger, she stood up straight, taking her breath slowly.

Carl looked back to the system, watching as Caroline dragged Joanna's body in a bag into the house. He looked back at Evelyn, "What do you want us to do?"

Evelyn moved toward the window, looked outside, and stayed quiet for what seemed like forever, biting her lower lip.

After a few seconds of her silence, she said, "She won't kill her," she turned back, "Not right away at least, she needs to know how much I know."

"She will torture her!" Carl added with concern painted on his face.

"I know, but it won't be for long, because am gonna get her out of there tonight."

"What do you need?"

"My phone."

"You want to call her?"

"No," walking away from the window. "am finishing Jo's mission."

"I don't understand!" He picked up her phone beside the keyboard and gave her.

She collected the phone, and rest her butt on the table beside Carl. "Track Jeremy's phone. Where is he?"

Carl turned back to the system, he minimized the camera footage from Caroline's apartment, and began to type on the keyboard, The computer screen displayed a map and the map began to turn — "I found him,"

Evelyn removed her eyes from the phone, "Where is he?

"Lavina Hotel."

"Lavina? How far is he to Jo?"

"About ten minutes away."

"Perfect. Knowing Jeremy, he will leave immediately, he will get a speeding ticket if he has to.
    Send him Caroline's new address. "

"How is that going to help Jo?" Carl asked looking curious.

"I need to distract that bitch before she gets any information from Jo, or—

"Break any bone in her body." he finished her sentence.

"Yeah," she whispered.
   "Send the address."

Carl nodded in agreement and sent the address to Jeremy's phone.

Jeremy was standing on his hotel balcony, watching the view with a glass of whisky in his hand, thinking about Caroline when his phone vibrated in his pocket. He removed the phone and checked the message. His facial expression changed, — looks like joy and worry mixed together. Immediately, he turned inside, dropped the glass, took his car keys from the center table beside the whisky bottle, and rushed out the door, leaving the television on.

Carl turned to Evelyn, who was sitting down on the plastic chair with her legs crossed. "He's on the move!"

"Good!" Evelyn picked up her phone and put a call through. "Are you still in position?"