Chapter 17: Happily Ever After (Final)

Taehyung sobbed chanting the words 'thank you' and 'sorry' placing the last white lily in his hand on the 27th tomb. 27 werewolves died that night fighting the battle of freedom against the vampires.

Werewolves have suffered for two decades. Several battles were fought between the werewolves and the vampires. The war that lasted for two decades ended with werewolves finally winning and now they will finally be able to live in peace. They will finally be able to come back to the forest were they truly belong.

"We will be living the life we dreamt our entire life and it's because of their sacrifices, but they didn't get the chance to see that." Taehyung cried, tears rolling down his face.

"Come here." Jungkook pulled Taehyung to his chest. Taehyung cried harder.
"It's okay baby, those brave souls are with moon goddess. They are at peace now." Jungkook comforted his mate  rubbing his back. Taehyung nodded in Jungkook's chest.

It has been two weeks after the war ended and Taehyung came every morning with Jungkook to place flowers on the graves of those brave warriors in the pack garden.

"But there is still someone who would still be coming after you forever." Jungkook said with a very serious voice. Taehyung pulled back and frowned. He wiped away the remaining tears from his face.

"Who?" Taehyung asked.

"There is someone." Jungkook said tapping his index finger on his chin while controlling his laugh. Taehyung rolled his eyes realising whom Jungkook was implying. He breathed a sigh of relief and glared at Jungkook.

"What?" Jungkook asked and leaned closer to Taehyung's face.

Taehyung lightly pushed Jungkook by his chest and ran away giggling. Jungkook shook his head before he was on Taehyung's tail but he was relieved, he was able to divert Taehyung's mind.

Jungkook pinned Taehyung against a tree.

"You!!!" Jungkook groaned panting heavily after he finally caught Taehyung as Taehyung was really fast.
"I will.. always come after you, you can't run away from me." Jungkook said between his breath. Taehyung looked up at Jungkook's eyes, he licked his lips when he saw Jungkook's gaze was on his lips. He slowly closes his eyes when Jungkook leaned closer. And their lips met.

--------

Everyone was finally settling down after the war. This past two weeks everyone has been busy with the burial of the deceased werewolves, cleaning up the bodies of the vampires and other debris and restoring the destroyed pack lands. The warriors from other packs have also went back.

Jungkook, Taehyung and their hyungs,  Chanyeol, Baekhyun and their warriors, Suho and his wife and the rest of the pack members, they were all in the pack ground, lounging and chatting after a feast for winning the war.

"So what now?" Lisa asked looking at Jungkook.

"About what?" Jungkook asked.

"Will you and Taehyung come back with us?" Lisa asked with a very expectant look in her face.

Jungkook turned towards Taehyung.  Jungkook wanted to go back and lead a pack, he was the Alpha's son, he was built to lead a pack. But his priority was his mate and the baby. Taehyung nodded reaching out his hand to Jungkook.

"Jungkook! You are the Alpha's son, you are built for this, but you can decide whatever you think is the best. If you want then you can stay here as long as you want, you are still a part of this pack." Chanyeol expressed. 

"Why don't you stay here until Taehyung give birth." Baekhyun suggested.

"Taehyung need you the most right now Jungkook and starting to lead a pack for the first time is not a child's play that you decide in one second and you lead the pack in the next." Jin interjected and Namjoon agreed with Jin.