31 | the silver eyes gave it away

x

[entry]

I tried to seduce him, but I only ended up embarrassing myself.

God, what was I thinking? He was alone in his room, during the party, and I pretended I was lost when we both knew I knew exactly where I was.

He wasn't easy to fool, but god, did he fool me.

He watched me for a moment, as if he could see through me (which he definitely fucking did now that I think about it), and ended up giving me that smile and silver eyes I always heard about from the girls in the bathroom.

I understood where they came from.

Really, I did, but I was too humiliated to like him.

I don't want to tell you the rest of what happened, diary, but I need to tell someone. 

He was sprawled in his chair, lazily looking at me, when I pushed away my jacket, as if it were hot in his room. It was fucking cold as ice, by the way. Then, I tripped over my heels, which was not an accident, and probably flashed him my boobs.

Of course, he wasn't effected, but actually amused! 

The audacity.

When I somehow landed on his lap, he leaned in, lips brushing by my ear. I haven't blushed in a long time, but I blushed. His hand trailed down my back, and for a moment, I really thought I had succeeded.

And then, he grabbed my phone, which was recording. 

He didn't bother deleting it because it was just me embarrassing myself with my fake sultry voice that worked on Cole.

He pushed me off, uncaring. "You really aren't my type."

I had never been so... discarded. 

"You don't know what type of girl I am," I tried, sacrificing my pride, but all I could think about was how much he'd like my little sister. Just like Calvin did. The thought pissed me off, and I tried harder. "Is it because I'm blonde? I can change that-"

"No, that's not it," he trailed off, in thought. "Although you really shouldn't change so easily for someone else."

Easy for him to say. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, with everyone throwing themselves at him. He was so entitled, so privileged-

But also, so right.

Why did he have to outsmart me too? How did he resist me, in this skimpy dress? I've seduced Cole with much more covered before.

"Fuck you," I couldn't help but blurt out.

"You tried that," Avery Dragomir smirked, "But I'm not into cheaters."

x

When I returned to the academy the next day, everyone stared.

Well, I mean, every person stared all the time but this time, I was more conscious of it.