32 | gloria's downfall

x

"Revenge is a dish best served cold. Especially if you know the right person to cook the dish."

x

"Well it's a pity I hate him then, huh?" Tyson Dragomir sneered.

"Wait," Bianca said, dumbstruck. "You two don't know each other?"

Everyone in this room knew the relationship between Tyson and Avery. Everyone, but me.

"No," I murmured, hundreds of thoughts in my mind. "But we know of each other."

Bianca whirled to Tyson, eyebrows raised. "You mean you've never met your brother's girlfriend, Tyson? Never had dinner with the both of them or something? Or at least had a conversation?"

"And what about it?" Tyson snapped, startling me with the raw anger in his eyes. "He's never bothered to introduce me to her."

No wonder he slammed the door in my face. It must have hurt him seeing his brother's girlfriend— someone he found out about through rumors, and not through his brother. That would have hurt. Especially since Tyson and the whole school believes that Avery and I had supposedly been secretly dating, even before I transferred to Queens Erlington Academy.

That meant Tyson thought his older brother lied and hid a whole relationship from him. An important relationship, too.

I winced, remembering how hurt I was when I found out Ella, my older sister, had been in a relationship for so long.

Look where that got her.

Six feet under.

The more I thought of it, the worse it got.

Tyson definitely knew about Avery's secret arranged engagement with Satin. And I knew Tyson knew Shannon had found out about me before him. And to make it worse, Tyson wasn't there to celebrate with Avery for his birthday.

Great.

In Tyson's eyes, Avery was a liar, a cheater, and someone who preferred his older sister over his little brother.

"Avery literally came by yesterday night to see if you would be in here, but you hid because you don't want to face him!"

"He didn't come for me."

"What are you on about, Tyson? He's always finding an excuse to speak to you," Bianca cried out, horrified by his admission. "Do you know the amount of hours Avery's spent programming with Austin, humoring Jordan with his video games, and helping Chase with homework just in hopes you'd walk in at some point? Why do you think he does that? He wants to be a part of your life, Tyson! He might not express it, but your brother fucking loves you."

Tyson's face remained stony. "You don't know shit."

"I've known you since we were children, of course I know shit! And I've known Avery just as long," Bianca exclaimed, ignoring Tyson's clenched fists. Austin, Chase, and Jordan inched away from the both of them, knowing it was about to blow up between them.

"You did more than just know him, Bee," Tyson stepped closer to her, a dark look in his eyes. "How long have you been in love with him? Four years? Five?" Disgust filled his eyes when she remained silent, stunned. "You're still in love with him."

"How-How could you say that to me?" Bianca's lip quivered. "That has nothing to do with any of this? I'm telling you this because I care about you. Only God knows why I do."

"Well I'm asking you to stay out of my fucking business. You don't have siblings," Tyson said with evident disgust.

Bianca impressed me with her tolerance for Tyson's words. She took a deep breath, blinking furiously back her tears. "You're right, Ty, I don't, but that's why I'm making this a big deal. I want you to have what I don't. Besides, you're basically my brother."