Chapter 10 - Bad News

Finally, a new month was upon us.

June 1st.

With any luck, my class and I would be receiving points for a job well done on the midterms.

I started the day off with my regular morning routine, shower, dress, have breakfast, and walk to school.

Summer was definitely getting in full swing now. The walk to school was getting hotter with every passing day. Wearing the blazer and long sleeve shirt did not help. The amount of sweat being produced just by the walk to the school was horrible. I should definitely bring a water bottle now.

But, once I arrived at the school building, I was hit with the serenity of air conditioning. My, what an invention, whoever made AC, you have my undying loyalty and praise.

I hadn't checked my Private Point balance this morning, I wanted to know how many points we got from my class's reaction. It was a moment I wanted to share with those closest to me.

So, I made my way to my classroom, still praising the invention of ac.

Once I had finally made it to class, I took my seat in the far back right of the room. The scenery outside the window beside my desk was amazing, if there wasn't a chance we'd lose Class Points if we didn't pay attention, I'd stare out the window all day.

The class was finally starting to fill up, the more people that walked in the livelier it got. I assumed that was from everyone's excitement about getting Class Points and Private Points.

I was getting too anxious about the news of Private Points, so I decided to ask some classmates if they received any. I got up from my desk and walked over to Hirata.

We've hung out a couple times, but I wouldn't say we were great friends. He was usually surrounded by women so getting to him was usually a hassle.

"Hey, Hirata," I called out.

"Hi Fukumoto-kun, how are you?"

"I'm doing well, I just had a question, I haven't checked my Private Point balance yet, but I wanted to know if we got any?"

"Well, I checked mine this morning, and I don't think it changed."

No private points? There had to be a reason.

"Oh, well, thanks for helping me."

Hirata answered back with a gentle smile.

I went back to my desk to think this through, I knew our behavior had improved, and we did well on the midterms, so why no Private Points?

After some thinking, my two closest seatmates walked into class, there were only a few minutes before the start of class, so I decided to wait and hear Chabashira-sensei's explanation.

A few minutes passed, and the bell rang, marking Chabashira-sensei's entrance at the exact same time. It was honestly absurd how she always walked in at the same time as the bell.

"Sae-chan-sensei..." Ike was the first to speak out once again, "I didn't get any points this morning. Did we not get any Class Points?"

Chabashira-sensei didn't respond to Ike, instead, she placed a poster on the board which entailed the new Class Points for the month.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class A: 1004

Class B: 714

Class C: 475

Class D: 87

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------