Chapter 61 - Initiation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE

ain't nothing but a bit of tomfoolery that last post

pay it no attention

just thought i could catch some of ya on april fools day lolll

Enjoy the real story!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a nice and quiet walk to the school's main campus. The crowds of students became less and less frequent the closer I got to the school.

Hearing the soft snow crunch under my shoes and the slightly cool breeze hitting my exposed skin.

The scenery was beautiful.

You often don't take the time to notice the little things. After walking this path to school time and time again, with all the other students distracting your mind.

To bask in the quiet scenery by myself was welcoming.

No one would be walking this path right now. With school on break and the requirement of wearing a uniform on campus.

It was just me.

Alone.

A familiar feeling. But in an odd way, a comforting one.

"I'm glad I'm finally done with that," I grumbled while rubbing the back of my neck.

It was nice to be included in helping Maya with her first date with Ayanokouji. But it's hard to be truly engaged in a conversation like that.

I'll just have to hope it goes well for both of them. As a close friend to both parties, I'd only want the best for the two.

Being one of Kiyotaka's closest friends, I need to do everything possible to make sure he has the best chance possible with Maya. That's what the boys do.

In all honesty, though, the chances of Kiyotaka reciprocating Maya's feelings are the same as Yamauchi getting a 100 on any test.

Near zero.

While the conversation as a whole was hard to stay intrigued in. There was one point that kept catching my eye.

Karuizawa.

Maya probably didn't notice this, she probably thought it was Kei just looking out for her friend. Or she was lost in the bliss of going on a date with Kiyotaka.

But Kei seemed rather annoyed or even frustrated about the whole date with those two.

It was subtle reactions that not many people could pick up on. But the way she carried herself throughout the conversation didn't seem natural to her.

Even when I slightly provoked her with some questions or statements, you could tell she was holding something back.

When Maya explained her 'love' for Kiyotaka, the way she tried to convince Maya to go after a different guy didn't seem natural. And when I pointed out the fact she was in a relationship, she seemed almost disappointed.

I may not know much about relationships and girl advice, but as a friend, you should seem supportive of the other, not resent them.

Not too long ago, Kiyotaka explained the relationship he has with Karuizawa. I wasn't totally surprised about it, but it wasn't something I expected.