Chapter 53 - Setting A Stage

"That is it for the day. Remember to review the material covered today in class for upcoming assignments and tests. That is all," Chabashira-sensei addressed the class at the end of homeroom. Quickly making her escape.

"Could she want to leave any quicker," I mumbled while packing my belongings.

Almost simultaneously, as Chabashira-sensei opened the doors near the front of the classroom, some members of Class C stepped inside.

Chabashira-sensei gave them all one look over and decided to leave without a care.

Meanwhile, since the entire class finally became aware of the new presence. All conversations halted to a stop; as a sense of unease befell the class.

"No need to worry, you morons," Ryuuen spoke up. "I'm just here to pay a visit."

I nonchalantly picked up my belongings and walked over to our new guests.

Sudo, seemingly on the defensive, joined me to block the Class C students from entering.

"Oh, hey, Ishizaki. Didn't see you there hiding behind Ryuuen."

"Tsk," Ishizaki gritted his teeth toward me but didn't make any move closer. Hiding behind his precious leader.

"Now, I know I have no right to turn you away. But usually, meetings with you do not go so well. I'll kindly ask for you to leave," I said to Ryuuen.

"I'll have to deny. After all, who doesn't want to know more about the most rapidly growing class in our year, huh? See them in person more often? It's a good way to learn yourself," Ryuuen cheekily taunted at us as he scanned everyone in the room.

His gaze stopped for a moment as he watched one student, seemingly unbothered by the recent theatrics, collect his things and leave the classroom like any other day.

With a motion of his hand, Ryuuen's lackeys, Albert and Ishizaki, broke off from the group to follow Kouenji. "Now, if you excuse me," Ryuuen said. "My interest has moved somewhere else."

Ryuuen left Class D without another word to catch up to his pawns.

Once Ryuuen had left the scene, an eruption of gossip filled the classroom.

"What do you think they're going to do?"

"Did they want to start a fight?"

"Fukumoto-kun looked so brave standing up for us!"

I turned my attention to the information pipeline of Class D to try and gather any information.

"That was pretty intense, right, Kushida?"

"I agree. I don't understand why Ryuuen-kun would suddenly barge in here and leave just as fast."

Hirata joined in on our conversation. "Their actions are quite concerning. What could Ryuuen-kun have wanted?"

"I have a feeling it has to do with Kouenji-kun," Kushida replied.

"I agree. I don't think it was coincidental that all he did was survey the classroom and then suddenly leave right after Kouenji did. But I don't have a clue as to what he would want from him."

The leading theory could be Ryuuen checking off candidates for the supposed puppet master of Class D he's been desperate to find.

Perhaps making that bold move of confronting Class D in our territory was part of his strategy to gauge our reactions.

But in the end, it did seem like his only target was Kouenji.

"Hirata," a monotone voice graced my ears. "Would you mind staying back to keep the class calm? A few of us are going to follow Ryuuen," Kiyotaka spoke up.