Chapter 50 - Unexpected Coincidence

"Those guys are delusional," I muttered as I entered the classroom.

"What is up with those guys," Sudo added on, as we walked to our seats.

"What's the matter," Horikita immediately asked, obviously not being able to ignore our grumbling.

"It's those jerks from Class C!" Sudo replied. "Ryuuen and his lackeys. They've been following me around, trying to pick fights. They even blocked Fukumoto and my way in the hall. They're getting on my nerves!"

"You didn't do anything irrational, right?" Horikita asked skeptically, considering Sudo's history.

"Don't worry, nothing happened," I said, taking my seat. "We both basically ignored them."

"Good, looks like you can follow my instructions," Horikita replied.

"Instructions?" Ayanokouji asked.

"Suzune asked that whenever I run into something I can't deal with, I should ignore it."

Jeez, he sounds like an obedient dog now. But at least it saves us some trouble.

"I only gave them a light bump as I walked past. But everyone saw how we were boxed in, so there was no problem, right, Fukumoto?"

I gave a nod in response. "Nothing harmful at all."

"It's not like they'd try anything," Horikita said. "So, what did they do."

"Just some pathetic name-calling," I replied.

"Yeah, like calling me a monkey, idiot, a dog, just childish stuff," Sudo added. "But if they really were to try something, I wouldn't let that happen," Sudo said as he smacked his fist into his hand.

"Some Class C guys have also been tailing Miyake," Ayanokouji added.

"Hm, seems like Class C has been extremely active recently," Horikita pondered.

"Could they be plannin' another setup?" Sudo asked.

"We don't precisely know what their goal could be. But I'll work on countermeasures for any worst-case scenario."

"Alright, and I'll make sure not to break my promise to you, Suzune."

Wow.

They both were much more mature now. Those two were continuing to grow in their own unique and respective ways.

While for Sudo, it meant controlling his emotions and developing his academic abilities. Horikita was also maturing in a sense of partnership and trust.

Not only that, but it seemed Horikita was starting to grow more independent in her own right. Instead of relying on others, like Kiyotaka and I, she was fighting for herself. Using the tools at her disposal to overcome the challenges ahead.

These two's progress also meant Class D was bound to make leaps and bounds as a whole. Getting these two to reach their full potential would make fighting us that much more difficult. We could end up on the same level as the higher classes.

"It sure seems Ryuuen-kun has been keeping busy - we just finished the Paper Shuffle, and he's already making his move."

"There aren't any special exams in the future," Ayanokouji said.

"Ryuuen-kun seems to always be switching who his target is. It used to be Sudo-kun and Class D, now Ichinose-san and Class B. But he seems to also like changing his target when there's no exam..." Horikita looked suspiciously toward Ayanokouji.

"I wonder why," Kiyotaka shrugged in response.

"Do you really not know? Or are you pretending?"

"I believe he's looking for the mastermind within Class D."