Chapter 41 - Resolve (2)

(Akio Fukumoto, POV)

"That festival was more problematic than I expected," I said aloud to myself as I finally crashed onto my bed.

Overall, Class D did terribly in the festival. We lost Class Points, had severe morale hits, and had many injuries, it was an unfortunate event for us.

Luckily, in the end, we managed to pull together and control the damage.

As for myself, it was a pretty successful event. From the beginning, my plan was to earn the MVP award for the first year. Extra points will always be needed in this school. Private Points are your lifeline, and the more you have, the larger advantage you could have over others.

I pulled my phone from my pocket to check my Private Point balance after the festival. With all my high placements in the Individual Competitions and the MVP award, I'd be racking up quite a few Private Points.

Private Point Balance: 400,107

That was a pretty decent amount of points. But definitely not enough for what I needed.

I took a quick glance at the time displayed on my phone.

5:03pm.

I wanted to have some relax time after the festival. But it was best to get what needed to be done quickly.

Because for myself. There was a loose end that needed tying up soon from the Sports Festival.

I quickly opened the messenger app on my phone and contacted a familiar person.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Hey, Kushida. I was wondering if we could meet sometime today? Preferably around 7pm.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to wait for a resp-.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Sure thing, Fukumoto-kun! Where should we meet?]

[We could meet in my room. It's room 501.]

[I'll be there!]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was much easier than expected," I continued. "Looks like I got a bit of time before we meet."

~~~

Knock! Knock!

"She's scary being right on time, I swear the clock just hit 7," I said to myself as I got up to answer the door.

I opened the door to see Kushida dressed in a charming white button-up shirt; paired with a blue skirt.

"I'm so sorry to ask you to meet with me this late, but please come in," I said as I opened the door to let Kushida into my dorm room.

"Thank you for having me," she replied with a sweet tone as she took off her shoes.

"Why don't you take a seat on the bed, and I'll make us something to drink. Would you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?"

"Hot chocolate would sound nice!" Kushida replied.

I opened the door to the main room and showed Kushida to my bed as I went to the kitchen to make our drinks.

There was an awkward air between us, having a girl visit a boy's dorm so late. But once we start talking, I'm sure that would go away.

"Fukumoto-kun?" I heard Kushida call to me from the kitchen.