16

kit's POV

-

i'm a bit disappointed. actually, saying a bit is a huge understatement.

i was expecting a dog.

not to mention, the tension between her and i could be cut with a knife. i don't know why but she keeps avoiding eye contact with me. her eyes are darting all over the place. and when she laughs, it's forced.

"are you okay?" i ask.

she looks at me weird. she gives me one of those smiles that i hate. the fake ones.

they don't compliment her face the way smiles should. and her face deserves to be more than just complimented. it's beautiful as it is.

"yeah. im good." she responds, "why do you ask?"

i sigh, running a hand through my hair, "don't do that, eileen."

"what-"

"lying." i look her in the eyes. those blue ones she has that i would do absolutely anything for. "i can tell when you're lying to me."

she doesn't say anything then. just thins her lips and looks to the ground. at her feet.

"what's on that gorgeous mind of yours?" i ask her, grabbing her chin and making her look at me. "i can tell you want to ask something. just ask me. you can ask me anything."

"what-" eileen stops herself, pausing for a moment. i can tell that she's holding herself back from saying what she wants to say. "have you seen joe's post yet? on instagram?"

i cock my head to the side. "oh! he posted? no, i didn't see it."

i go to pull my phone out of my back pocket. but she stops me, grabbing my wrist.

"he took a picture of us last night." she tells me.

oh.

oh.

it takes me a moment to realize what she's talking about. i woke up before she did. what caused me to wake up was the sound of yaz giggling from a few feet away from where we were laying.

i had glanced around for a second before making eye contact with her. then she just ran away like a little school girl.

then, i felt something shift on my chest. it was eileen. still sleeping soundly against me. i moved her head off of my body and onto the pillow and walked into the kitchen where everyone was already gossiping about us.

"did he?"

"mhm," she hums, nodding. "it's now his most liked post."

"oh fuck." i groan, "how many likes did he get?"

"two million."

i laugh, thinking she's joking. but she just looks at me. "you're serious..?"

"it's your fans and my fans." she says, a guilty look on her face. "i'm sorry, kit. i should've just slept on the couch."

"no." the demanding tone of my voice surprises us both. "don't apologize. if the post causes issues, we can just ask joe to delete it."

she smiles. genuinely. it makes something in my stomach do a backflip.

"thank you, kit." she wraps her arms around my shoulders, embracing me into a tight hug. "it means a lot."

i hug her back, clutching her head in one hand, her waist in the other.

☆  ★  ☆