70

lee's POV

there are lots of people in this world that i dislike. but nolan definitely takes the cake.

i hate that i can't hear his name without getting flashbacks to our relationship. i hate that most people think he's a good person. i hate that he is living his life casually while i'm still dealing with the aftermath of his bullshit.

i hate him.

with every single cell in my body, i hate him. the sound of his voice makes my ears ring. the sight of his face makes my eyes burn.

"are you almost ready?" miss manson calls out to me, softly knocking on the bathroom door.

"almost!" i say back.

today, im going to a meet-and-greet. normally, i would be super excited to meet my fans. but i met nolan at a meet-and-greet just like this.

not to mention, my fans are still trying to forgive me for "lying to them".

whatever. today i want to try and avoid any issues.

i finish applying my mascara and walk out of the bathroom. miss manson is waiting right outside of the door for me. when i walk out, i do a little twirl to show off my outfit. miss manson gives me a nod of approval.

then we leave.

☆ ★ ☆

i've been sitting at this table for an hour. i'm not complaining, though. things have been going surprisingly smoothly.

most of my fans have just asked me to give them an autograph or to take a picture with them.

"can you draw something?" a girl asks me, placing a blank sheet of paper on the table. i nod and draw a little star. right before i hand the paper back to her, the girl continues. "i'm getting this tattooed."

"wait!" i say, taking the paper back. "you can't tattoo this! it's not nearly good enough! let me try again."

i take the pen and draw a different star. but it's ugly so i scribble it out and try again. ugh. this one is ugly too. i try again. and again. and again.

finally, i draw a star that i'm happy with. i smile at the shape and hand the paper back to the girl. it's covered is scribbles and messed up stars. but still, she looks grateful.

"thank you!" she says.

then, she walks away and the next person in line comes up to me. for a moment, i don't look up at the person as i quickly respond to kit's message.

the person stands on the other side of the table, not saying anything.

i look up and my heart immediately stops.

nolan.

he smiles down at me and says, "seems like you've moved on. but i can't allow that, can i?"

☆ ★ ☆

lyn here !!! (the author)

when i initially planned to write this story, i wanted it to be a short and sweet fanfic about kit.

clearly, it's branched far away from that original idea. i'm now 70 chapters into this book and my main character has a shit ton of trauma. not very short or sweet.

and i apologize for making it so long and drawn out, but to those of you who have read this all the way through, i love you.

so. fucking. much.

recently, i reached 10k reads and i cannot thank you guys enough. i literally screamed when i checked my account.

anyway, the point is that i want to write more. well, of course i want to write more. but what would you guys like to see in my future stories ?? who should i write it about? should there be social media, too? shorter? longer? what do i need to work on? etc.

(i want to write a chris sturniolo fanfic so bad but i'm def going to finish slumber one before i even start planning it. just to avoid stressing myself out, yk?)

anyways, i love you guys xx