Chapter 4

Carinas pov:

I was laying in bed staring at the ceiling deep in thought when someone texted me.

~maya🙃~
Hey carina I'm sorry for always saying no to you when you want to hangout. I do want to be your friend really badly but I just don't have a lot of Free-time anymore I hope you understand and i was wondering if seeing I'm free now maybe I can come over?

~carina🌸~
Ofc ofc you can come over. Oh yeah im sorry about earlier I've been stressed and kinda just took it out of you, I'm sorry!

~maya🙃~
No worries ! I'll be over in 10!

I was so happy! Maya was coming over ! I don't even care if she stay for 2 minutes, she's coming over and we are hanging out outside of school ! I'm so excited!
Mayas the type of person you can't read, you can't figure out if she's a complete bitch or a sweetheart by the way she acts. I thought maya was pretty scary when I first talked to her I didn't know if she was going to be like the girls at my last schools. Mayas different though, she's sweet and kind and funny, she's not like other girls. There's this part to her though, she has a protective wall built around her and I can't seem to get through it yet. It's like she has something that she can't tell me and for good reason too, maybe one day she'll trust me enough to break her walls down.

*************************************************

Mayas pov:

  I was standing outside carinas house debating on knocking on the door or just running home, I knew if I didn't knock on that door that I wouldn't only let carina down and upset her I would also upset myself. I like carina. She sweet and silly and has this gorgeous Italian accent that you just can't help but laugh at when she doesn't get American idioms. So after a good minute of debate I knocked on the door.

  Carina answered with a huge grin on her face she almost looked like the Cheshire Cat from Alice and wonderland! She wrapped her arms around me in a caring excited hug which I returned. There's those butterflies again, anytime she touches me I get them. As In a hug, a light punch when I make a joke or even when she just accidentally touch's my hand. I get them, these deep indescribable butterflies. She showed me to her room which was so neat and clean and just perfect, like her. She had a lavender painted room with pictures of all her favorite things pinned to a board on her wall, next to it a poster for a concert she must have went to. On the other side of the room she had things she had gotten on her trips to Italy to see her family, little nicknacks and shells from her favorite beach in Italy, along with pictures of her and her mom and her grandma.

  We were sitting in the bed when she decided to break the ice. "So whatcha wanna talk about?" She asked as she moved closer to the headboard and sat against it with her legs stretched out. "Oh I don't care, anything." I said innocently. "We could watch a movie if you wanted to, I don't know how long you were staying for but we can do that or we could go downstairs and hangout in the kitchen with my mama. Its up to you maya" "we can watch a movie, I was actually going to see if I could maybe stay the night and we could spend time together?" "Of course you can ! I'm so happy !!" She said as she hugged me tight.

  We decided to watch "the boy" which was one of my favorite horror films, carina didn't seem like she was enjoying it by the fact that she was hiding under her blanket at one point. So I decided to switch it to something a little more calm. As where we're watching the tv I felt carina lay into me with her head resting on my chest. She asked if it was alright to which I nodded and wrapped my arm around her and rubbed patterns up and down her back.

  I noticed carina seemed distracted by something so I sat up and turned to face her asking what was wrong. "Can I ask you something" she said quietly to which I nodded for her to continue. "Why are you always busy? Like why can't we ever hangout?" She asked. " I just- I have to work a lot and take care of something and it causes me to not have much free time as a normal teenager our age would. I have a lot of responsibilities and they are ones I can't neglect. I am really sorry that we can't hangout as much as we'd like to but I'm hoping maybe one day I can trust you enough to tell you my secret and why I can't but until then that's the most I can say. I'm sorry" I said as I turned my head away from her. "Hey none of that, you don't need to tell me what the reason is if your uncomfortable. I want you to feel comfortable with me and I don't ever want to push you to say something. You are safe here and whenever you decide to tell me what it is I won't leave I will always be here for you. I promise. Now let's continue watching out movie." She said as my eyes started to tear up. She layed down and patted her chest indicating that she wanted me to lay there and I took her up on that offer. Not shortly after laying down I fell asleep. I was so comfortable being able to be in carinas arm for the first time. She truly made me feel safe and welcomed. I know one day I'm going to tell her I don't know if it's going to be in a hour or in a year but I will tell her my secret...

———————————————————————————

Hey so I kinda wrote this one fast and well I'm tired so it's probably pretty bad so if it sucks feel free to let me know 😂 I need all the criticism I can get !

  Also my dms are open so feel free to dm me !
I'm also adding my snap to because why not 😂

   Thank you for reading !

  Instagram: kae_lyn_630
  Snap: kaelynh84