Chapter 12

Mayas pov:

It's been 3 weeks since the whole encounter with Jack. Carina has been weird lately, like she wants to tell me something but she doesn't. I really hope she's not being distant because of Jack.

I invited her over for a movie night and to my surprise she turned it down. She never turns down movie night with me and Marley. I needed to talk to carina and figure out what's wrong.

I drove over to carinas house and saw her moms car in the drive way so that most likely means they both are home. I knocked on the door and was greeted with carinas mom who grabbed Marley from me and started tickling her. She told me carina was in her room and was upset but when I asked her why she wouldn't tell me. Did she know? Was it about me? Was it about mar? I couldn't stand not knowing so I went to carinas room and opened the door. Carina was laying down in bed asleep like a little kid. I couldn't resist the smile that was creeping onto my face. I sat next to her and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear which was enough to wake her up.

"Maya?" Carina asked all groggily from just waking up. "Hey sleepyhead" I said as she rubbed her eyes. We stayed like that for a little bit till carina decided on sitting up to wake up more. "Why are you here?" She asked bluntly. "Well I wanted to see what was wrong, you just have seemed off these last few weeks and we barely see each other besides at school and I just feel like I'm losing you which I can't let happen!" I say with tears starting to well in my eyes. "Maya I'm not doing this right now.." " do you want to breakup is that what's wrong?" I ask with more tears on the verge of falling. There was short pause which seemed to last a lifetime. " NO no no that's not what I want at all! I love being with you maya and I love Marley and I will always be with you but I feel like you don't care." She said as I give her a puzzled look. "That night when we were walking home and we saw Jack.. I feel like ever sense you just forgot I had feelings. All I ever heard about what how scared you were and how he scared Marley but mainly you. You never went and asked me how I felt... I felt like you jsut didn't care that I had feelings and that I was terrified. I didn't know what Jack was capable of doing and I couldn't lose you maya I didn't know what he would do to and the way he looked at Marley I was terrified to be honest." Carina said with tears streaming down her face. I looked into her eyes and saw the look of sadness and the look of love. I knew carina loved me no matter what but I knew she was terrified of that at the same time. I fastly took her into my arms and held her as close as I could to my body.

"I care about your feelings carina I care so much. I guess I was just to caught in my mind to even realize how much this must have affected you as well I'm so so sorry carina. I love you so much and I want you to be okay and I will do anything in my power to make sure your okay and safe and not worrying nonstop. It's my mission in life to protect Marley and I'm starting to feel like it's my mission to protect you as well." I say as I hold carinas face in my hands. Carina didn't even respond her just took ahold of my face and passionately kissed me. I deepened the kiss with no further intentions. We weren't there yet. After a few minutes of kissing and hugging carina was exhausted from crying I decided to lay down and let her take a nap on my chest.

I never realized how much carina sleeping in my arms really calmed me down and how much I realized I couldn't live without this girl. Carina wasn't perfect and neither was I but in each others eyes we were and I loved that. She saw my flaws and I saw hers and we respected them. I'm not perfect I have a kid but I love her more than my own life. I have a mom body at 17 which I'm not totally in love with but my body gave me Marley and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. We all have flaws but flaws and imperfections don't make us we make us we choose what we do with our lives and those choices change our world.

____________________________________

Hey this one's short but sweet and I'm sooooo sorry for not updating I've been really stressed and busy being 15 is hard 😂😂 I well try my best to get another part out this week but I can't promise one so I'm really sorry

Snap: kaelynh84
Insta: kae_lyn_630

My dms are always open and I always add people back if you need someone to talk to ❤️