Chapter 20

10 years later.

Mayas pov:

"Marley! Your going to be late to school let's go!" I yelled to my moody daughter. Marleys exactly Like me when it came to something she doesn't want to do.

"Ugh can you just stop! I'm coming stop being so annoying!" Marley yelled.

"Your gonna make me late to the station and drop the attitude." I said sternly and she only rolled her eyes.

After I finish fire academy I got a job at station 19. I worked my way up and we'll now guess who's big time captain. First female captain of 19.

I made my way out to my car only to realize Marley wasn't following me. I swear that girl is the moodiest 11 year old girl I know.

"Marley! Come one really!!" I said starting to get really ticked off.

"Mom stop! I'm comin-" Marley said getting cut off when she accidentally tripped down the steps which caused her to fall and hit her head on the sidewalk.

"Oh my god! Mar are you okay? Let me see baby." I said trying to stay as calm as I could but the second I saw how much blood was on her forehead and the deep gash I panicked.

"Okayy mar looks like you get to get out of school today kiddo, let's get your to the hospital baby."

"Mommy I don't feel that good." Marley said

"I know honey it s okay though keep your eyes open for me." I said rubbing her leg.

We fastly got the the hospital and I carried Marley inside.

"Hi can I please get some help my daughter fell walking out of the house and she hit her head and well now there's blood literally everywhere. It was a deep cut so I didn't know what to do but I keep pressure on it so it didn't bleed to much." I said out of breath.

"Okay that's okay I'll have one of the bests come stich her up it won't be too long you can put her on the stretcher over there and then come back and fill out some paperwork for me." The nurse said.

I did as she said.

*************************************************

Marleys pov:

Mom seemed so stressed. I didn't mean to fall or anything I just did. It doesn't really help that I was kinda being an ass to her this morning.

I stayed in the stretcher for what felt like forever. The hospital was kinda slow. There wasn't a lot of people only a few. There was a older man next to me and then a younger woman maybe mid twenty's across the room.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I saw a nurse walk over to me.

"Hi im doctor DeLuca im just going to take a small look at your head if that's okay bambina?" The tall lean woman asked me. She had a thick accent. Italian I think. I don't know she seemed familiar.

I nodded because I'm not to fond of talking to strangers. I'm pretty shy.

"What's your name Bella?" She questioned.

"Marley." I said quietly.

"That's a very beautiful name bambina. Care to tell me how your got this cut?"

"Well I was running late for school and I was in a bad mood cause my mom can be really annoying so when I walked out of the house I was to occupied on my phone and I tripped down the stairs Landing on my head." I said laughing.

"Well that's why you can't just have your nose up your phone missy." Doctor deluca said and I laughed.

She was really nice i don't know something seemed weird.