<13>

YEJI

After taking a moment to relax in the café garden, Ryujin drove us to school. However, ever since our close encounter earlier, I couldn't shake off these strange feelings around her. Whenever I looked at her, my heart would flutter warningly, telling me to stop before things went any further.

When we arrived, Ryujin dropped me off at my classroom first, as we were running a bit late and everyone was already heading to their classes. "Thanks for this morning, Ryu," I smiled lightly and she returned it, waving goodbye before going her separate way.

Despite the confusing feelings I had discovered earlier, this morning had been amazing. We walked through a beautiful flower garden by the sea, feeling the gentle breeze brush against our skin. Afterwards, we enjoyed warm drinks in the peaceful back area of the café.

As the class ended and students hurried out of the classroom, I waited until most of them were gone before heading out myself. Surprisingly, my escort Yuna was already there waiting for me. 

"Hi unnie! How was class?" she asked with a slight smile. 

I had almost forgotten it was her turn today, as my mind had been preoccupied with confusing thoughts. "It was okay, boring as usual, but I got through. How about you? How's freshman year?" I questioned with a curious expression as we started to walk down the halls towards our meeting place.

Yuna appeared to be lost in thought, possibly trying to articulate her sentences so they wouldn't be jumbled.

"I'm already exhausted. I don't like the workload here, so I'll ask Chaeryeong-unnie to help me with it after school," she said, frowning, which made me chuckle.

When we arrived at our meeting spot, only Chaeryeong and Lia were present, chatting. We called out to them and waved. I wondered where Ryujin was, as she was almost always later than the rest of us.

"Anything new with Yeonjun today?" Chaeryeong asked curiously, and Yuna left my side to join her.

"Nope, but I went out with Ryujin in the morning," I replied, and none of them seemed surprised except for Lia, who had a smirk on her cheeky smile. I wonder what that's about.

"Where did you guys go?" Chaeryeong inquired once again, and I shrugged.

"She took me to a flower garden, and we strolled down the garden path until we reached a cafe where we spent some time relaxing by the sea," I summarized. Lia's eyebrows were now raised, and Chaeryeong smiled.

"That's not fair! Unnie never takes me anywhere like that," Yuna pouted, catching Chaeryeong's attention.

"Don't worry about it. I'll take you wherever you want to go," Chaeryeong winked at the younger girl, causing her to look away to hide her immense blushing.

As I heard a familiar voice behind me, I turned to see a tall figure towering over me.

"Hey, Yeji," Yeonjun called out in a masculine voice.

With a slight smile, I replied, "Hi, Yeonjun," recalling our previous encounter.

He then asked if I wanted to hang out after school, and when I looked over at the girls, I could sense their disappointment.

"I'll consider it. Any ideas on where to go?" I turned back to him, and he looked up as if pondering.

"I was thinking of taking you on a surprise date," he said with a broad grin.