<35>

a few days have passed since they visited the salon, and now it was time for ryujin's parents to arrive at the airport.

"thank you for driving me there." ryujin thanked yeji's parents who willingly offered to drive the younger to see her parents.

"no problem, I haven't seen your dad in so long, this is technically a win-win." mr. hwang chuckled.

they arrived at the airport just in time, yeji clung to ryujin while their parents walked together. it was no secret that the two of them liked each other, they weren't afraid of showing it around their parents since they already knew, except for ryujin's parents.

"nervous?" yeji asked the blonde as she hugged the other from behind. the four of them were waiting for the passengers to get off the plane.

"very." ryujin sighed and leaned back, resting her head on yeji's shoulder.

"I'm always here if you need me. my parents are planning to go out for lunch with yours, so we can spend more time," yeji said.

"really? should we tell my parents about our feelings?" ryujin asked the ginger.

"hm... if you want to, I don't mind." she smiled.

"they're here." mr. hwang tapped ryujin's shoulder, making her eyes fly toward the gate. she spotted her parents looking around mindlessly, she smiled widely and got out of yeji's arms, pulling her with her.

"dad! mom!" the blonde called out and eventually, her parent's eyes landed on her.

"ryujin?" the pair looked at her with their mouth slightly opened, their eyes sparkly and teary. it has been too long since they'd seen ryujin, she seemed so different to them.

the small family reunited, sharing tight hugs and chuckles along the way.

"you've grown so much..." ryujin's mother muttered with a smile on her face, her hands cupping ryujin's cheeks and caressing them gently.

"you are rocking the hair colour." her dad said and chuckled, bringing her into a bear hug. their eyes soon landed on the hwang family behind them, looking at them with big smiles on their faces. nostalgia hit.

"hey, you!" ryujin's dad opened his arms with a grin as he walked towards mr. hwang.

"my goodness, our children have grown so much." ryujin's mom chuckled as she approached mrs. hwang, embracing her as well.

"what a reunion." yeji giggled and hugged the blonde who had tears streaming down her face now. she didn't know what to feel, she just felt happy that her parents were finally back within her reach.

"we were thinking about lunch together, are you two down?" mr. hwang asked the other pair.

"of course, where to?" mr. shin replied, his broad smile never leaving his face.

"the old barbeque we used to go to."

both families arrived at the restaurant, entering with pretty chatty mouths, they sat down at a reserved room.

"it hasn't changed much huh..." mr. shin muttered, touching the vases that were placed on the shelves for decoration.

"it has." mrs. hwang replied.

"what has?" mrs. shin asked.

"they removed the beef brisket from the combo."

"what, no?!"

"that was my favourite thing from the combo!" mr. shin groaned in frustration as they all laughed.

"our parents hasn't changed much, hm?" ryujin nudged her lover with a grin, the two of them were just watching the adults interact, rarely joining in since they liked seeing them interact.