<43>

"wake up, ryuddaeng!" the blonde took a few hits to the arm, the only way her body reacted was jolting up, she groaned in slight annoyance.

"what time is it?" she asked.

"7:25."

"why didn't my alarm go off?" ryujin got out of the bed, stretching her body.

"because I turned it off."

"why?"

"um..." yeji scratched her nape. "I was watching you peacefully sleep."

"oh, thanks." ryujin laughed. "that's creepy, yeddeong."

"I'm aware." she shrugged and got up, walking towards the bathroom first.

"how was your sleep?" ryujin called out from her spot.

"awesome! I had a dream where captain underpants killed you." yeji answered, using a spare toothbrush that she always uses.

"tragic." ryujin snorted and walked towards her closet, grabbing a few pieces of clothing and joining the ginger in the bathroom.

"showering?" the older asks.

"mhm, want to watch me?"

"hell no." yeji laughed and rinsed her mouth before walking out the bathroom. "have fun showering!"

"go down and eat breakfast first, mom should be awake."

"got it." yeji shuts the door and fixes her bed hair before walking downstairs.

"hey, daughter-in-law!" mr. shin greeted, holding a cup of coffee like usual.

"good morning, mr. shin."

"dad," he corrected her. "you've been close to ryujin for so long, calling me mister would be weird."

"okay, d-dad." yeji smiled before walking into the kitchen. "is mom awake yet?" she casually asks.

"how come you call her mom but didn't call me dad?" mr. shin ignored her question.

"hm... we're closer."

"ohhh~ is it like... a special girl bond?" he asks with a confused expression.

"you could say that- where's the butter?"

"in the fridge, top shelf."

yeji grabbed the butter and placed two slices of bread into the toaster, waiting for it to pop back up.

"so... how was the surprise?" mr. shin asked with a grin, leaning against the marble counter.

"it was..." yeji furrowed her eyebrows as she struggled to form the words. "very sweet? I'm not sure how to word it." she smiled to herself, the letter coming back into her mind.

"great to hear but... you should take the choco pies out there, she bought them for you because you wanted them."

"oh right!" yeji remembered and walked quickly outside into the backyard, looking at the letters on the ground that were made out of choco pies. she started to pick them up one by one with a positive expression, she must admit, this idea was creative from the blonde.

a few minutes later, she retreated into the kitchen and found toast with butter already served on the counter, ryujin had her head in the fridge, not noticing the latter's presence just yet.

"you bought way too much choco pies." yeji sighed as she set down all the snacks on the counter.

"oh, yeddeong!" ryujin smiled as her head popped back out of the fridge, closing them with a carton of milk in hand. "yeah... I didn't know how else to make the letters anyways."