Chapter 30 - Silence is exciting ❤️

❤️Adult content❤️

D

Turns out Ellie is just as bad at skiing as she is at dancing. Every time she falls, my heart skips a beat. But she gets back up and keeps going.

When we reach the bottom, I'm convinced she'll call it a day, but she gets back on the lift and I follow her happily.

We return to George's just in time to shower and change for dinner.

For the last couple of months, I've been dreading spending time with my parents. I brought Knightley to take some of the pressure off me, but now that Ellie is here, I'm even looking forward to it.

We end up sitting at different ends of the table at dinner. My father is adamant I tell him everything I've been up to at UNI. It still bugs him I chose business as my major and didn't follow in his footsteps and study finance. So now he feels he has to be extra involved, so I won't mess it all up.

I notice Ellie looking over at us from time to time, and I do my best to not stare at her.

She's so gorgeous with her still damp hair hanging loose and the simple, long sleeve black dress she's wearing. I want to hold her and kiss her and... I sigh and answer more of my father's questions.

She goes back to talking to Knightley about vintage horror movies. It seems they have that interest in common and I want to tear them apart.

After dessert, Ellie helps her aunt remove the plates. I grab one of the serving dishes and bring it to the kitchen, where the housekeeper is taking them off our hands and loading the dishwasher.

I pull Ellie into the hallway, where no one can see us.

"I can't stop wondering what you're wearing under that dress," I say and step in closer. The scent of her shampoo is enough to make me hard.

She laughs. "I'm wearing underwear, D. I didn't think it was appropriate to go commando with my aunt and your parents here."

I place a hand on her soft cheek and use my thumb to stroke it. "The red ones? I like you in red."

She shakes her head and gets up on her toes to press her lips against mine.

"I guess you'll have to find out later."

I'm done for. I can't move. She's going to let me see her naked again. Do things to her. And I feel like a kid who's just been given free rein at a candy shop.

She pulls away from me and heads to the living room where the others have gathered. I take a few deep breaths and think about anything but Ellie to get rid of the bulge in my pants.

Ellie, Knightley, mom and Charlie are sitting down for a game of UNO. My dad and George have taken to the chairs in front of the fire.

I've known George since I was a kid. He's a good guy, but he's always seemed lonely to me. Maybe Charlotte is what he needs.

I pick up a book and sit where I can study Ellie while I pretend to read. She plays strategically, and I soon notice the glint in her eye right before she sets a plan into motion and wins the game. When she wins, she gets happy. Not smug or unbearable, just happy that she could pull it off.

And she's not a sore loser. She smiles and congratulates the winner and seems just as happy as before. She doesn't play to win. Yes, she likes to win. But it's not what she's there for. She's there to participate, to have fun.

My heart fills as I watch her and I find myself smiling along with her. When she glances over at me, I pretend I wasn't looking, but I know she knows.

After Knightley wins a hand, she yawns and says it's time for her to get ready for bed. Everyone says good night to her as she slips out of the room.