Chapter 46 - Ever after

Chapter 46

Ellie

When we finally emerge back downstairs, Jenna and Julian are unpacking garlic bread and salad next to three large pizzas. Noah and Knightley are on the couch with Emma. Thank god there is no sign of Mia. I guess she didn't want to listen to us going at it.

"Are you done?" Noah asks with a smirk.

"For now," D says and winks at me.

"We got you guys some food as well," Jenna says.

"Yeah, we figured you'd be hungry after all that." Knightley gestures to the upstairs and my cheeks go red. D sits down in an armchair.

"So, I guess you guys are a thing now?" Emma asks and takes a slice.

"Yup," D says and pulls me down on his lap.

I put an arm around his neck and feel happy.

As we dig into the food, I notice how Knightley does his best not to sit too close to Emma. And I also notice that she is wearing the bracelet he got her.

Once we're all a few slices in, Jenna raises an eyebrow at me. I make a small gesture toward the kitchen and we both get up.

"So?" Jenna asks. "You made up?"

"Several times." I smile.

"I don't need details," Jenna says and holds up a hand. "Julian and I went for a walk and then we picked up the pizza so we wouldn't have to hear."

I can't help grinning. "And how are things between the two of you?"

Jenna blushes. "I think I want to move the relationship along."

"Already?"

"Not yet, but we've had some good talks, and when we were apart, I had such a hard time imagining my life without him. Reconnecting has made me more sure of our relationship."

"And you're not mad at him?"

"How could I be? He listened to his friend. They were wrong, but their intentions were good."

"So you don't hate D?" I hold my breath as I await her judgment.

"No, of course not. He wanted to protect his friend. Besides, how can I hate someone who makes you so happy?"

"Hey, guys?" Emma appears in the door. "I don't mean to intrude, but it is testosterone city out there. As soon as you left, they started talking about hockey." She grimaces. "I don't do hockey."

We laugh.

"I love your bracelet," I say.

She raises her arms and adjusts it. "Oh, thank you. It was a gift." She looks slightly confused before she's smiling again.

"So, Jenna," she says and takes Jenna's arm. "Aren't you glad I introduced Julian to you?"

"I am." Jenna smiles back

"I just knew you were perfect for each other. Maybe I should become a matchmaker?" She ponders this for a moment as D looks in on us. He raises an eyebrow, and I excuse myself and meet him in the hallway.

"You want another seven minutes in the closet?" He makes a move towards the door.

"I think I prefer your room."

"But I have so many fantasies about you in other parts of the house."

I reach up and put my arms around his neck. "I suppose we can make some of them come true. When the house isn't full of people."

"That sounds fun." He leans in and we kiss. It's strange to be so out in the open, not caring who walks in on us.

"Will you stay here tonight? I want to wake up next to you again."

I grin up at him. How could I say no to that?

Thank you so much for reading Pride and Hate with Benefits!

I loved writing this book and I am so glad so many of you have enjoyed it.

If you liked the book, it would really help me out if you left a review on Amazon or Goodreads. (Links in profile)

Please also check out my other books here on Wattpad. :)