0 • prolog

It's a day like no other, a typical thursday morning. Every student and teacher had to get up early and make their way into school for yet another day full of learning and training.

Class 1-A is no different as they sit in their chairs silently while listening to their homeroom teacher, Aizawa Shouta, talk about his usual business. Only half an hour into the school day, and something already happens as the door to the classroom opens, and Present Mic enters. The man is leaning against the doorframe, panting out of breath while looking at Aizawa. All eyes are on the blonde as he collects himself and straightens his back, holding his hand up to make the sign for telephone.

"Eraser, your spouse called, from the hospital. In the teacher's room."

Not a second later, the black haired man is sprinting out of the classroom and through the hallways of UA.

The room is incredibly silent, and only after the footsteps of a hurrying Aizawa fade into nothingness does chaos erupt. Most students jump out of their chairs, throwing one question after another at their English teacher. Said man is slowly walking towards the teacher's podium, trying to calm the students down with no luck.

"What do you mean spouse?!"

"Aizawa-sensei is married?!"

It's louder than the Sports Festival in the classroom, so loud that even Mic with his Quirk can't overpower the voices of the students. Everyone is out of their chairs, waving around their arms while shouting and repeating their questions all the while talking amongst each other. "Guys, calm down!" But they aren't listening to the blonds' failing attempts to calm the situation.

"I'll tell you if you sit down!"

Sudden and immediate silence replaces the previously loud noise echoing in the room, and Yamada is taking the first moment of silence to take a couple deep breaths. "So. Who wants to go first?" Almost every hand rises into the air, save for a couple individuals that think of themselves above the drama.

"Ashido."

"Since when is Aizawa-sensei married?!"

Thinking that Aizawa's trip to the faculty room might turn into a longer trip to the hospital, Yamada rounds the podium and hoists himself up onto it, sitting on the wood and propping his elbow up on his thighs to let his chin rest in his hands. "A couple years. Since he was 25? I think, if I remember correctly, next?"

Once again, many hands come up.

"Kaminari."

"Who's he married to? Another hero? Which one?!"

Yamada shakes his head, sitting straight for this one. "They're not a hero, and they keep the relationship hidden from the media. When Heroes have relationships with normal civilians, they're in danger of getting targeted. Not that his spouse is that normal, either." The last bit of his sentence comes out in a mumble that only the first row of students overheated.

"So sensei is married to a celebrity?!"

Hagakure is one of the people who overheard and decides to try and indulge further into their teacher's love life.

"I already said enough. Any more, and he might have my head."

The students groan in a mix of disappointment and frustration, and Yamada can't help but feel a little bad. These kids are certainly close to Aizawa and would like to be on a more personal level with him, considering everything that already happened. It's only natural to want to know more about someone they are close to.

With a groan of his own, Yamada jumps off the podium. "Alrighty!" He grins at the students while stretching his arms out "If you figure out who Eraserhead's spouse is, I will announce the topic for the next short exam!" Cheers erupt from many of the students, especially those who lack in their written exams. "I will give you a hint. They are pretty well known all over Japan. You have two weeks to figure out their name!"