10 • dimond

The moment Aizawa enters his classroom, he has a bad feeling. It's eerily silent, and everyone is sitting in their chairs. Backs straight, eyes focused forward, and an incredibly dense sense of accomplishment is emitting from every single one of them.

"Good morning, class."

Chaos erupts immediately after his first words, and students are gathering around him with big eyes and even bigger smiles. Since all of them are talking at the same time, he has a hard time understanding what any of them are saying, but he does manage to hear his spouse's name being said multiple times. Groaning, he pinches the bridge of his nose, lifting a hand that brings silence to the room immediately.

"Iida. Speak."

Like ordered, the class president straightens up. "With the joined effort of our class, we've managed to figure out who your spouse is, Aizawa-sensei!" The students around him cheer victoriously, seemingly patting their own shoulders for their accomplishments.

"Get back to your seats. We can talk about this if you're all calm."

They take their seats and wait for him to continue. So, after a deep breath, he leans against the podium and starts. "Congratulations. You've figured it out. The next test is about english phonetic spelling. Moving on-" He gets interrupted by Ashido, who stands up from her chair with an arm raised.

"We want to know more about them!"

Aizawa has expected this. It would have surprised him if they kept quiet. But that doesn't mean he wants to share about his marriage and his partner.

"Alright..."

Considering how stubborn some of his students can be, especially when it comes to topics like these, he decides to give in and at least still some of their curiosity.

"How did you meet?!"

"No fair! I wanted to ask that."

He raises his hands, and they calm down. "We went to school together and kept in contact." The girls squeal in delight, and the boys look around, blushing a little. Most of the students are mildly interested, and only a handful are fully invested in his story. Of course, there's Bakugou who seemingly has no interest despite his father making the attire of his spouse.

"So you were highschool sweethearts?!"

"No. We didn't go to the same highschool. We started dating after that."

Various voices call out with 'oh's' and 'ah's' as he answers their questions. They ask about dates, the proposal, the wedding. Even went as far as asking about wedding pictures. But he shut down the idea of showing them something as intimate as that. He loves these kids. They're his students. But thinking of the pictures of his wedding, Sapphire, in their gown, smiling at him like they found a whole new world in his eyes.

He could never show any of them those pictures. They're his most priced possession right after his wedding ring. Which was also asked about.

"Why aren't you wearing your ring?"

Aizawa takes a while to answer, not because he doesn't know what to say, but because he's a little embarrassed to admit it. Looking at his empty finger, he scowls a little.

"I don't want to lose it."

The girls awe at him, and he sighs, regretting having ever even agreed to talking about this.

They continue to ask about more intimate things. More private things that he answers very carefully. When's the anniversary? When's their birthday? Do they live together? And of course, it also shifted towards questions like. Do you get jealous when they work with other models? Do they get hit on a lot? Can we meet them?

He had expected to be bombarded with questions. But he had expected them to be more shameless. So far, his class was respectful for their standards, asking general questions that don't cross the boundary he silently set. The questions were overall pretty tame. But of course, there's always one that throws him out of the loop.

Asui calmly raises her hand for the next question.

"What made you fall in love with them?"

As dumb as it sounds in his head, he fell for their everything. There wasn't a single thing about Sapphire that would have turned him away from them.

He fell for them because of the way they lie in the sun looking like time has stopped. For that blue light their hair casts on the wall from the sunlight. For the smooth sound of their voice. For the way they call his name over the phone. He fell for the way they always try so hard to accommodate for his humanly needs such as food and water. How cold their skin feels against his during summer and how surprisingly warm it is during winter. He fell for their shiny blue smile and their adorable giggles.

He fell for them because the stars are always visible in the shining of their eyes. And because Sapphire is making up for everything that he's lacking.

"Aww... Sensei!"

The girls are crying, and the boys are barely holding it together. Had he said all that out loud? Aizawa tries to hide his embarrassment by shaking his head for a second and then concentrating back on the papers in front of him.

"Let's get back to normal Homeroom now."

The rest of the first period goes by like normal, and when the bell rings and Aizawa is dismissed, they make no effort to get more information out of him. For now, it seems that they're satisfied with what he gave them.

On his way to the faculty room, he passes Yamada, who winks at him as they walk by each other. Aizawa knows the kids are going to question the blonde DJ just as they did with him. Good thing that his friend doesn't know as much about his marriage as he does. All he can tell them is a little about the wedding and about outings that Aizawa took his partner to. Other than that, Yamada is just as clueless as the students.

He groans thinking about the next few days. Today was just the beginning. Tomorrow and the day after, and probably also the day after that, his time with the students will now also be spent talking about his spouse. Whether they're just little remarks or questions, from now on, their name will be ringing through his ears a lot more often.

Speaking off ringing. His phone is going off. Normally, he doesn't get phone calls during class time. [F/N] knows his schedule and normally leaves texts and calls for the evening hours, especially when they're also busy during morning and noon with shoots and meetings.

Fishing the device out of his pocket, he smiles. Seeing that cute picture they took on his phone last time he was at home that is now set as their contact photo was just what he needed now. It takes him a little longer to answer as he just stares at the photo, but when he does something, even better greets him from the other end of the line.

"Good morning, dear."

"Morning to you too, sweetheart."