3 • phosphophyllite

The day passes slowly for Aizawa. No matter how much paperwork he forces himself to look through or how much extra training he does with the students, time seems to go by slower than ever before. It's always like this. Every week, when the end draws near, the Hero struggles to stay focused as his mind is occupied by the thought of home. The thought of his partner.

"Only another day, Eraser. You'll see them soon enough."

Sighing, Aizawa hangs his head low after hearing Yamada's words that were most likely supposed to be uplifting.

Only after moving to campus full time did Aizawa actually realize how much time he spends together with his spouse. And only after not returning home for the first week does he understand how difficult it is to be apart for so long. Even though five days is nothing compared to the time he hasn't seen his family, it's different with [F/N] as they were with him all the time before.

"I overheard your class speculating during lunch today." After the first day, most of the students in 1-A decided to drop the bet and give up on finding out the name of Aizawa's significant other. Only a handful of them are desperate enough to try and figure out their name. A group that mostly consists of those who have bad grades. Kaminari, Mina, Hagakure, Kirishima, and alongside them Mineta. Not the most bright in the head but certainly determined enough to use this opportunity to the fullest.

The grumpy black haired man pinches the bridge of his nose while sighing, remembering all the times one of them asked for personal information regarding his spouse. Of course, Aizawa refused to speak or give them any kind of hint. Yamada, on the other hand, had been giving them small hints whenever they looked exceptionally demotivated. So far, all they know is that their teachers' spouse doesn't share their last name with him, that they are quite well known in japan and that they have a pretty unique Quirk. None of the hints are all that helpful, but Yamada isn't trying to make it too easy for the five. There needs to be a challenge to make it fun.

"Even [F/N] thought it's a fun idea. If it were up to me, I'd erase their memories about it." Yamada laughs at his friend's dilemma despite being the main cause for it, finding it absolutely hilarious that [F/N] is in on all the fun.

In highschool Aizawa and [F/N] weren't as close, as the two went to different schools, but every now and then Yamada would tag along on one of Aizawa's adventures only to run into the future spouse of the grumpy man himself. They hit it off nicely, getting along like two people with a mutual friend could. Yamada was their number one supporter after highschool when they decided to start dating and even became Aizawa's best man during their wedding.

"Either way. I'm going now. I can finish this when I get back on Monday or at home."

Aizawa excuses himself, standing up and bidding the remaining teachers in the faculty room a good weekend. As soon as he walks into the dorm building for 1-A there are three people by his side asking about his marriage again. Mina, Kaminari, and Hagakure seem to be the most persistent and interested. "I couldn't stop thinking about this after school, but why doesn't your spouse have your last name?" A stupid question in his mind, but Aizawa understands that for youngsters like them, the answer isn't as clear.

He continues walking with the three kids trailing behind him like a shadow. "It would have been too obvious. The public knows they're married, so if they were sharing a name with me, people would start to speculate and put two and two together." He dismisses the three noisy students quickly before entering his room, breathing deeply after the door closes.

For the rest of the evening, Aizawa was left unbothered, enjoying the little amount of peaceful alone time he can get on campus.

And the next day, even before the sun goes up, the man is packed up and ready to go home for the remaining two days. Aizawa always walks a little faster on Saturday, hoping to spend as much time as possible with his partner before eventually leaving for work again on Monday.

And just as the sun starts to peak from behind all of the tall buildings in Musutafu, he enters his shared apartment, kicking off his shoes swiftly before making his way into the bedroom. He sees the blue sheen of Sapphire hair splayed out on the white pillows, and Aizawa can't help but sigh, dropping his bags and crawling into bed next to his lover. [F/N] stirs under the covers when he lays down, turning around to bury their face into his chest.

"Good morning."

Their voice is still filled with sleep, deep and heavy from the remaining exhaustion. "Good morning, sweetheart." Aizawa let's himself relax under the cold touch of [F/N]'s smooth crystal skin, sinking further into the white bed sheets while pulling them closer to his body. "Let's sleep more." They snuggle into the crevice between his pectorals, whispering out the request to which Aizawa agrees. Before the two adults are back in dreamland, lying in each other's arms, [F/N] whispers out Aizawa's name.

"Shouta."

Aizawa hums against the top of their head.

"Welcome home."