Chapter 1- Daily Life Part. 3

"Yui-onēsama?"

Kirigiri turned her head and stared at me.

It was my dorm room in the dormitory.

She's sitting on the bed, using her fingers to comb through her hair.

"Ah, yeah?" I came back to my senses all at once. "What's wrong, Kirigiri-chan?"

"The other side."

She is making sure that I braid both sides of her hair. I braided her hair as she asked me to.

"Yui-onēsama, your eyes are so red," she said with her back to me. "Tired?"

"Nah– it's okay." I wiped my eyes and carefully braided Kirigiri's hair. "What about you, Kirigiri-chan, have you rested?"

"Yes, well rested."

It feels like she's still trying to be brave, but her voice had regained a lot of energy.

She carries the pain of losing her loved ones and the remorse of those crime victims on this small back. Can I relieve her burden a little?

"Speaking of which, Yui-onēsama, where have you been?" "Ah... umm... it's research, research!"

"Researching what?"

"Researching Shinsen." I said while braiding. "I thought that since he was a former Triple-Zero rank detective, his name should be in the reports of related cases... so I checked it out on the Internet."

"And the results?"

"Hmm... There were few pieces of information about the founders of the Detective Library. It's rumored that one of the young detectives, at the age of 10, was able to solve cases... I think that might be Shinsen... I wonder if that's the case."

I spoke incoherently, racking my brains to think about what to say next. If I go on, I might accidentally leak what has been said in the car.

"No reference value."

Kirigiri frowned and glanced at me.

This expression is exactly the same as that man.

"Sorry..." I braided her hair, and finally tied the ribbon. "There you go."

"Thanks."

Kirigiri happily stroked her hair and said.

"You're welcome, princess. Now what, what should we do next? There's still plenty of time, but we can't be too slow, there are still five challenges left."

24 hours have passed since the start of this 'Black Challenge'. There are 144 hours left.

'Black Challenge' is a crime game organized by the Crime Victims' Relief Committee. The perpetrator of the crime, using the criminal methods provided by the committee must kill all the targets within the time limit of 168 hours, and shouldn't be discovered by the detective, and in turn, the detective win if they can point out the perpetrator.

This time the challenge letters were directly handed to me by Ryūzōji Gekka. He is a Triple-Zero rank detective and an executive of the Crime Victims' Relief Committee.

There were a total of twelve challenge letters.

This is a method that Ryūzōji, who is known as the genius of parallel thinking and multitasking, came up with.

As long as all cases are solved within the time limit, Ryūzōji will admit defeat and resign from the Crime Victims' Relief Committee; even if I fail to solve the cases, there will be no punishment. Having said that, this is a matter of life and death, and I cannot neglect that part.