Chapter 4 Part 2 Kareobana Academy - Salvador Yadorigi Fukurō

Yadorigi entered the candle circle. Although this magic circle's effect isn't yet known, no matter what kind of magic it is, the detective is the one who is going to break it.

He checked the girl's breathing and pulse, and sure enough, she is dead, her body temperature could barely be felt.

This girl should also have a family and loved ones...

Yadorigi let out the grief in his heart with a sigh, and observed the murder weapon.

The candle that pierced into the abdomen had melted quite a lot. It was most likely lit before. Maybe there is a ritual meaning in it.

Something like burnt paper is scattered around the body. It's mostly ashes. When he picked up the burnt paper, he found it to be a scrap of a book written in an unfamiliar language. Yadorigi had learned some of the major languages in the course of his work, yet this is the first time he had seen this one.

Yadorigi walked away from the body and looked around the gym again. The building itself is nothing special. There is a stage on the inner side, and dark green curtain is hanging next to it. There are two entrances and exits, the first is the aluminum sliding door where Yadorigi came in from, and the other is a small door on the inner wall. The door has a large panel with 'Emergency Exit' written on it.

Yadorigi approached the 'Emergency Exit' door to check. There is a knob in the center of the door handle. It seems that one can unlock and lock the door by turning this knob. The door is locked.

He opened the door and looked out. There is a large dark forest in front of him, and no footprints can be found on the snow.

According to the challenge letter, this murder case uses a locked room technique.

However, the sliding door at the entrance wasn't locked.

Can this be called a locked room, or is the whole place, including the school building, a locked room in the snow?

Yadorigi put on his sunglasses, fell into deep thought, and stood there for a while.

He wanted to investigate again, but it would be troublesome if he is found out, so he decided to go out and observe the situation.

Yadorigi turned to the door.

At this moment, four guys and a girl have been standing side by side at the entrance at some point in time, and they are looking at Yadorigi with an awestruck expression.

"Uncle... who are you?"

One of them pointed a flashlight at Yadorigi and said.

—He has been discovered.

"Excuse me." Yadorigi said in a calm voice, trying not to spoil the atmosphere here. "I will leave right away, so please do not mind."

"No no no, how can I not mind, we can't let you go so easily."

The punk-style youth with a skull-patterned headscarf stopped Yadorigi. There are chains hanging on his clothes everywhere, and it isn't known where it's connected.

"Are you maybe... the murderer?"

"How come." Yadorigi raised his hands and replied. "I just got here. You may all not believe me, but I am really a completely unrelated outsider. Please pretend you have not seen me, let me go back, and you all have a nice day."

Yadorigi planned to leave again.

However, the punk youth grabbed Yadorigi's arm.

"What's this 'you all have a nice day', are you fucking with me, explain yourself truthfully first."