Chapter 3- Part 2 Twins Ability Development Institute - Kirigiri Kyōko

And, on the way to this room. There is a double door, which was also chained and padlocked.

Room R was double locked.

"Is this... a locked room murder mystery?" Tsutsumi said to himself.

"Yes."

The girl answered. She crawled and looked under the bed, but without luck. At last she stood up, brushed the dust off her jacket, and twiddled the hair on her face.

"It's indeed a locked room murder mystery, but there's nothing that's really bothering me at the moment."

"Haa? There's so much I don't understand!" Tsutsumi raised his voice a little frustrated. "You don't even know what happened, I'm pretty sure we locked this R room and the door in the middle when we finished the experiment. It was tightly sealed, a completely locked room. Do you actually think the person who stabbed Suō-kun to death had a way to break in?"

"Since the door was locked, the only way to get in was after unlocking the padlocks."

"How would that happen? The doors locks are fingerprint- authenticated electronic locks. These locks can only be opened with the respective pre-registered fingerprints. The 'C' lock can only be opened by Hoshī, and the 'D' lock can only be opened by me. I'll tell you in advance that the gelatin or clay method to replicate fingerprints isn't feasible. The scanner can sense blood vessels and pulses, if it isn't a living person's finger it will not respond. In other words, the only way to do it is for me and Hoshī to come up to the locks and stick our fingers inside the lock hol—"

When Tsutsumi said this, he seemed to think of something suddenly and shouted:

"Ah!"

"Do you finally understand?"

"Could it be that while we were unconscious, someone moved us to the doors locks?"

"Moved me and Tsutsumi-san? Is this possible?" Hoshī tilted her head and said.

"By a wheelchair or a suitcase, there are as many tools that can be used to move stuff." said Tsutsumi. "In short, it's not difficult to move us to the doors after we fainted. It's just flat and straight corridors along the way."

"Ah, that's why I was sleeping in the smoking room. I was probably given sleeping pills!"

"It was the coffee. Sleeping pills were in the coffee. I was hit on the head because I didn't drink it."

"The locked room isn't a problem at all." The young girl turned her face away, as if thinking about something. "But... why did the chains and padlocks have to be restored deliberately... just to create the illusion of a locked room? Is this the Ultimate Locked Room mystery...?"

"What're you muttering about, and also, who even are you?" Tsutsumi asked the girl again. "On second thought, you look suspicious. You seem to know something about the situation..."

"We'll discuss this later."

"Wait, this won't do. There's a murder in front of us now, yet an unidentified character like you has appeared. How can we just let it slide? According to the circumstances—"

"My name is Kirigiri Kyōko, and I'm a detective."

She said briefly, then passed by Tsutsumi and left Room R. Tsutsumi hurriedly chased after her.

"Detective? Are you serious about this?"

"It doesn't matter if you don't believe it or not, you can even forget I'm here. But enough about that, can you lend me your phone for a moment?"

"...Phone? You can borrow it, but you can't use it."

Tsutsumi took out a flip phone from his pocket and handed it to Kirigiri. She just glanced at the LCD screen and immediately handed the phone back.