Chapter 3- Part 5 Twins Ability Development Institute - Kirigiri Kyōko

"But... she looks like a child, isn't she?" Tsutsumi retorted cautiously. "From the letters sent by Ashvins, it's at least clear that they have professional knowledge about the twin research, which is not something that middle school students or high school students can grasp. And... I don't think she can prepare these research facilities alone."

"Yeah— she should have some support, maybe it's that whatever committee. In short, the criminal organization really exists, but she is the challenger herself. How about this, Hachisuka-san, I don't think there's anything lacking in my logic."

"Then how do you explain the locked room murders?"

"As I said earlier, her fingerprints are registered as a master key."

"The idea of the master key was originally proposed by her, and the criminal organization was also the information provided by her. If she is really the murderer, then why did she reveal herself like this?"

"We'll know if we confirm it, if her fingerprints are really registered, then one of her fingers should be able to unlock it."

Nagate picked up the padlock that had fallen on the side. 'A' is written on the padlock.

He buckled the lock and handed it to Kirigiri.

"Okay, please insert your fingers into the keyhole, and try all ten fingers in order. This is the 'Mouth of Truth', it won't bite your hand off, but if you're really the murderer, the lock should get open."

Kirigiri, who had been expressionless until then, finally showed a faint one of defiance.

"Come on, hurry up." "I don't want to."

"Huh? What did you say?" "I said no."

A thin wrinkle formed between Kirigiri's eyebrows, and her face was turned away.

"Hey, do you have any idea what kind of position you're in right now?" Tsutsumi raised his voice. "Since you're not the murderer, just stick your fingers in and prove that you aren't. Can't you do that?"

"It's not that I can't do it, it's that I don't want to."

"...Why?" Nagate grinned. "Can I consider this a surrender on your part?"

"I'm not the murderer."

"So just prove it." Hachisuka approached Kirigiri. "As long as you prove here that you are not the murderer, you'll avoid any other unnecessary arguments, isn't that right?"

"If you don't, then we'll just have to do it the hard way, eh?" Nagate moved closer to her.

Kirigiri sighed helplessly. "......Ok."

She spread her thin fingers in front of her body.

Her fingers are so slender that she can't even play a musical instrument, let alone work as a detective. Is such a high class little lady girl really a detective...

Kirigiri started with the index finger of her right hand, and inserted each finger into the padlock keyhole in Nagate's hand in turn.

Tsutsumi and the others kept silent and watched this strange ritual.

Including the thumb, the padlock did not respond to the fingers of her right hand.

Next, Kirigiri inserted the fingers of her left hand into the keyhole one by one.

The ritual took less than three minutes to end. The padlock remained locked.

"Is this satisfactory?"

Kirigiri squinted her eyes and looked back at Nagate.