Chapter 2- Libra Girls' Academy - Samidare Yui

Huh?

My face is wet.

Why am I crying?

Did something sad happen?

Or is it because I had that dream again?

The reason is not very clear.

Besides...

Did the same thing happen before?

My eyes are blurry.

My glasses are gone.

I subconsciously stretched my hands around. In the midst of my gradually waking consciousness, I finally realized that I'm lying on the ground.

Why am I lying on the ground like this?

After separating from Kirigiri-chan, I—

Uhhh, what happened to me?

I looked up thoughtlessly—

There is a person standing in front of me, wrapped in a black cloak from head to toe, and they are staring at me.

"Kyaa!"

I screamed immediately, supporting the upper half of my body.

The black cloak person reacted to this, and they took a step back, pulling away from me.

The hood on the person's head was pressed down low, their mouth and nose were also covered with a white mask, and I'm not wearing my glasses still, so I could hardly see their face.

Who are you?

I wanted to ask, but hesitated.

The cloaked person is holding a gray rod in their right hand. It's an iron pipe.

It's speckled with dark red spots.

Blood stains?

I kept moving backwards with my rear still on the ground, trying to stay as far away from the cloaked person as possible. My whole body was sweating coldly, and my heartbeat sounded like the countdown of my life.

What on earth is happening?

What is this person planning to do with this gruesome thing? Did I pass out after being hit by that iron pipe?

Are they planning to finish me off with another blow?

My mind is a mess, only instinctively trying to escape by moving backwards.

The tips of my fingers suddenly touched something soft behind me.

Looking back, there is a girl in a sailor uniform lying there. Her face is pale and her eyes are open as she is staring up at the ceiling.

There is blood on the floor all around.

She is dead...

I looked at the cloaked again.

But instead of lunging at me, they turned their back and ran away as if they had suddenly remembered something.

They opened a sliding door and escaped.

"W-wait!"

I stumbled to my feet and tried to go after the black cloak. Before that, my glasses—

I looked around the room, looking for my glasses on the red carpet. This room is circular, and I'm almost in the middle. There is a desk against the wall. Also, there are no other furniture or decorations. There is a door and no windows. And my glasses have fallen near my feet.

I put on my glasses and checked the girl lying on the ground again. The girl is wearing a uniform I hadn't seen before. She has short

hair, and short bangs which are stained with blood and stuck to her forehead.

I touched her pale neck.

No pulse.

I can't feel any temperature either.

I felt confused and angry at the same time.

Another person was killed.

Why...

Why did this happen!

A corner of the student handbook is exposed in the chest pocket of the sailor uniform. I took it out, didn't rush to open and read it, but instead put it in my own pocket. It won't be too late to read it later.

The murderer must be caught first.

I opened the sliding door and rushed out of the room. Outside is a straight corridor with no forks.

It seemed to be an old wooden building with red carpets on the floor and lighting fixtures on the walls at intervals, all in the shape of oil lamps.

The door on the opposite side is wide open, I can see that behind it is a vast space.

And— the back of the black cloak, they are running forward through the door.

"Wait!"

I yelled and ran.

The black cloak glanced back at me, speeding up their running. But perhaps because they are so panicked, they left the door open, and I could see their fleeing figure clearly.

This way I won't lose them.

I rushed into the hall.

It's a quiet and cold place—

Maybe this place should be called a chapel, with its statue of Mary, a pulpit and benches for worshipers. The room is rectangular and very spacious.

I went across the middle of the chapel and continued to chase the black cloak.

They passed through the opposite door and escaped into another narrow corridor. they still didn't close the door and just ran away. They probably thought closing the door would only waste time.

Another straight corridor.

The black cloak fled the corridor. There is another wide open door further ahead, and the black cloak dove through it at once.

There!

This time the black cloak closed the door.

I ran at full speed and finally reached the door.

I grabbed the door and tried to open the sliding door but— it wouldn't open.

There is no regular handle on the door, I made sure to use my fingers to clasp the recessed handle to make the door slide open sideways. But no matter how hard I pulled to the side, the door remained motionless, as if it was fixed.

Is it locked?

Or is it blocked by a latch?

I shook it with some force, but the door still didn't move. "Open the door! Open up!"

I used my body to bang on the door.

Of course, the door was not that easy for me to break.

With a feeling of almost giving up, I once again grabbed the door and gently pulled to the side, and it opened easily.

Huh?

I couldn't open it just now...

It was as if I was being lured out.

I opened the door tremblingly.

This room is very similar to the one I was in just now. It's a circular room with curved walls. A desk is solely placed against the wall. There are no other entrances and exits like doors and windows.

 There are no other entrances and exits like doors and windows