Chapter 1- Daily Life Part. 5

"Speaking of which, does the 'Black Challenge' really exist?" Mizuiyama said. "I still can't believe that the 'Armchair Earl' is actually a criminal."

"Yesterday's case was also one of the 'Black Challenges'. and you were all involved, so I'm sure you can understand the anomalies." I took out the challenge letter from my backpack. "This is the challenge letter. The perpetrator carried out the murder according to the contents written on it. We think Mizuiyama-san being wrongly accused as a murderer should be part of the plan."

"This can't be used as a basis for judgment."

Cautious, indeed.

If I were in her position, I would probably be as dubious as her. In fact, to this day, I still have an erratic sense of incongruity, just like everything in front of me is either a nightmare or a joke. Without Kirigiri Kyōko as a beacon, I probably wouldn't have been able to walk straight ahead.

What we are facing is not an ordinary opponent, but a respectable person. Because of this, it's no easy task to convince Mizuiyama and the others.

"Kirigiri-chan, forget it." I said, grabbing her arm. "Let's just rely on ourselves and do our best, time is precious."

"Hey hey, I didn't say I wouldn't help you. It's just that I can't accept it all at once after listening to what you said about Ryūzōji and the Committee?"

Yaki said as he stroked the nose of his rīzento.

"I can't help the two of you." Mizuiyama said bluntly. "I'm not an expert in murder cases, let alone criminal organizations."

It's normal to be turned down.

I knew this would be a lonely battle.

"Umm... Yadorigi-san, will you help us?"

I asked to the driver's seat.

"Before answering this question– there's one thing I would like to ask you, Kirigiri-san."

Yadorigi raised his head and looked at the rear view mirror. Because he is wearing sunglasses, I don't know where his gaze was cast.

"What is it?"

"A detective named Uozumi Taehime, does that ring any bells to you?"

"—What!"

I couldn't help but exclaim in disbelief.

She was a detective who died in the Norman's Hotel case. I didn't expect to hear her name in a place like this.

"It seems that the two of you know her." Yadorigi continued, his calm expression unchanged. "If possible, can you tell me what happened to her?"

Kirigiri recounted the tragedy that happened to Uozumi without emotion.

When Yadorigi listened to her, he didn't show any signs of sentiment, and continued to drive the car. The only thing that changed was that after the car stopped at a red light, it took a little longer for him to start driving again than before.

"I see, thank you for telling me this."

Yadorigi said briefly after listening.

"Excuse me... are you familiar with Uozumi-san?"

"Feel free to imagine." Yadorigi smiled at me through the rear view mirror. "Anyway, I have decided to assist you Kirigiri-san in full, no matter what kind your opponents are."

"Eeeh, for real? I mean, thank you very much."

Although I don't know why, it's always good to have an extra companion. Yadorigi's detective rank is very high, and the most important point is that he is easy to get along with. There are many weird people among detectives. Compared with them, he is like an oasis in the desert.