Chapter 3

YES! IT'S THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! I mentally cheered as I arrived at school. Amy was waiting for me near the music room and the two of us walked to first period Math together.

Math of course was terrible so I decided to take a nap but was woken up when Lola and Carla started throwing paper balls to the back of my head.

I turned back and rolled my eyes. They both giggled and started whispering to each other. I kept my head down to resume my nap when Mrs Burton called my name.I looked up and blinked.

"Rihanna I want you to solve this problem", she said tapping the white board with her marker.

Great, amazing, wonderful.

"I-I don't k-know", I shuttered.

"You would if you weren't sleeping", Carla called from behind me.

"Sleeping!", Mrs Burton glared, "I would give you detention but since it's the last day in tenth grade I'll let it slide".

I sighed with relif and slumped back in my chair.

"But she deserves detention Mrs Burton, for sleeping I'm class and not knowing the answer to a simple sum", Lola said smirking.

"That's enough, Lola if you're so smart come up here and solve it", Mrs Burton said.

Lola smiled and stood up. It would be a wonder if she couldn't solve it. She walked up to the front of the class and solved the sum.

Mrs Burton looked surprised as Lola returned to her seat. Of course she could solve it, she has a private tutor. It absolutely sucks to be me.

The next day

With it being the holidays, I was planning on sleeping in the whole day but Mom woke me up at sharp 7.00am.

"Ugh Mom what is it?", I groaned pulling my covers over my head.

"Remember we have to pick up your cousins from the airport today", Mom reminded me pulling open my shades.

Oh right. How could I forget, my cousins Emlyn and Olivia were staying over for the Summer. Emlyn's starting high-school this year and Olivia's finishing it. So the three of us are close since we have small age gap between us.

"Oh OK I'll be ready", I said walking to the bathroom.

Five minutes into my shower my Dad yelled, "RIHANNA WE'RE GETTING LATE!".

Dang it. I ran out the shower and grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my self and blow dried my hair while brushing my teeth. Once that was done I hurriedly looked for something to wear.

In the end I wore a pair of black sweat pants, a white sleeve-less tank top, a black cropped sweat shirt which I left zipped up half and a pair of white sneakers.

I rushed downstairs and saw my parents standing near the front door. I quickly ran to the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar and rushed into the car. I ate the granola bar in the way while listening to music and thought about some fun things we could do this Summer.

Once we arrived I flung the door of the car open and ran to the airport where Emlyn and Olivia stood with a whole lot of luggage. They're eyes lit up as they saw me and they both squeezed me in a tight hug.

"Omg Rihanna! I didn't know you got glasses!", Olivia said smiling as my parents loaded all their luggage in to the car.

"They're soo cute, I love them", Emlyn said tapping my glasses.

"At least someone likes them", I sighed.

"Why what's wrong?", Olivia asked concerned.

"Oh um...I'll tell you guys at home", I said quickly dragging them to the car.

On the way home we chatted about school, friends and alot of stuff like that.

"How do you feel about starting high-school?", I asked Emlyn holding my phone like a pretend microphone as we got out of the car at our house.

"Nervous", she answered but Olivia smiled.

"High-school's gonna be the best years of your life", she said patting Emlyn's shoulder.

For some people, I thought, it's the best. For others it's the worst. I shook my head as to get rid of those thoughts and followed my parents indoors with Emlyn and Olivia right behind me.

Fingers crossed for a good summer.