Chapter-1

𝑁𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒
𝐽𝑎𝑖 𝑆ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝐾𝑟𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑛𝑎

*********************************

CHAPTER-1

“How is she, doctor?” Advik asked the attending doctor. His mother and younger brother were standing on the other side of the hospital bed. Kashvi was lying on the bed with a sterile gauze bandage around her head. Plastered wrist and ankle.

“Your wife has suffered a linear skull fracture, a broken wrist and a broken ankle. Fortunately, the baby is fine. We would like to keep her under observation for a couple of days to make sure that everything is fine. She should be up in an hour or two.” The doctor answered. Advik's heart skipped a beat at the mention of the baby.

“Baby?” he asked to make sure he heard it right.

“Your wife is 4 weeks pregnant, Mr Ahuja. Only because it's still the initial stage of pregnancy, your wife didn't suffer a miscarriage. I recommend complete bed rest for the next few months.” The doctor answered. Advik was too stunned to speak. He stared at Kashvi as a tear finally rolled down his cheeks. He almost lost his unborn baby today. He nearly lost balance when his younger brother, Sahil, held onto his arm and made him sit on the couch present in the hospital room.

“Mom, I am going to be a father.” Advik gave his mother a broken smile. He placed his head on his mother's lap, still processing the good news. He silently cried into his mother's lap as his mother ran her fingers through his hair. His eyes were fixed on the sleeping angel who was unaware of this piece of news. Would she be happy? He thought.

“What happened back at the party? Everything was going fine. I asked Kashvi to look for you and the next thing I saw was Kashvi falling down the stairs.” His mom asked. Suddenly the images from a few hours ago flashed in front of his eyes. Reality drowned upon him. Kashvi had seen him with almost naked Shanaya in a very compromising degree.

Advik's POV

It was my little brother, Sahil's 15th birthday. The whole Ahuja family was celebrating the little prince's birthday in one of the high-end hotels in Delhi, The Royal Blue. Along with a couple of Sahil's friends, their relatives and business associates were in attendance. The whole arrangement was taken care of by Kashvi.

Everyone sang the birthday hymn as Sahil cut the Avengers-themed three-tier cake. He fed the first piece to our mother, followed by Kashvi and me.

“Thank you, Bhabi, this is the best birthday of my life,” Sahil said with misty eyes as he hugged Kashvi.

“Anything for my sweet little brother," Kashvi said, patting Sahil's back. Maa And I were fondly witnessing the cute heartfelt interaction between the two.

“Kashvi is like the forgotten light of our family, Advik. She has lit up our lives,” Maa said. It was true, Kashvi had managed to capture my mother and brother's hearts in just a matter of six months. I was a true idiot to not have realised this before. I needed to talk to her tonight. I needed to profess my feelings for her before she drifted further away from me. In the past month, she had completely distanced herself from me. She was not the same girl I had married 6 months ago. I knew I was the one to be held responsible. I hadn't treated her the way I should have.

Kashvi lost her father 3 months ago. She would mostly avoid her meals or sit all by herself on the terrace. She was slipping into depression. I knew that feeling well. I was in her shoes 4 years ago. Losing a parent was not easy. Kashvi had already lost her mother at the raw age of 8. Her father was all she had. It was much tougher for her. Even after all this, she would still talk to me but 1 month ago everything stopped. She wouldn't make any effort to start a conversation with me. She would always answer me in single words. She had quit waiting for me for dinners. She had stopped seeing me off to work. She wouldn't select my clothes like she used to. She would come to sleep late at night almost when I would be deep in slumber. And wake up early in the morning. My wife was avoiding me at all costs. And that irked and bothered me. If she had done this 4 months ago, it wouldn't have mattered but now it did. A lot. I sighed, I had a lot of grovelling to do.