Chapter-3

𝑁𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒
𝐽𝑎𝑖 𝑆ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝐾𝑟𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑛𝑎

(Thank you dear readers for giving my book a chance. Please share your views . And please vote and comment. Don't be a silent reader. As a writer, your opinions matter to me a lot.
The next update would be next week. I hope you all please put forward your views)

************************************

Chapter 3

Advik's POV

My gaze settled on Kashvi, she was still not up and it had been more than 2 hours since the doctor checked up on her. I kissed her forehead and stomach before sitting on the stool beside her bed. Placing my hand on her belly, I kissed it once more. I was going to be a father. My eyes stung with tears. 

I never thought she could be pregnant all this time, considering we have had sex only once, the night we consummated our marriage. Kashvi was still very young to be a mother. As much as I wanted this child, it would be Kashvi's choice to continue with the pregnancy. I would support her. Though somewhere or other I knew Kashvi would want to keep this baby. That's how much of an open book my wife was. And I was a big fool not to know her worth all this while. 

Kashvi was everything one would want in a life partner. Supportive, opinionated, passionate, caring, helpful, full of morals, responsible, smart and loving. 

“Wake up, little missy. Oversleeping is not good. And I have good news for you and a lot of begging for your forgiveness to do.” I  said, planting my face against her belly. I was crying after 4 years. The last time I  cried was when my father died.

Kashvi's fingers slightly twitched, I lifted my face off her stomach to see her squinting her eyes. I instantly ran out of the room to call for the doctor. 

“Mrs. Ahuja, can you hear me?” The doctor asked. Kashvi shook her head.

“Great, can you tell us the date?” The doctor inquired.

“It's 22 July 20XX. Sahil's Birthday.” She answered in a hoarse voice. The doctor nodded as the nurse took notes.

“Does it hurt anywhere, Mrs Ahuja?” 

“My head is hurting a bit. It feels heavy.” 

“It should get better with time. You have suffered wrist, ankle fractures. There is also a linear skull fracture. At the moment I can't prescribe you strong painkillers as they may harm the baby. I am referring you to the gynaecology department the on-duty doctor will check up on you tomorrow. Rest well. I will see you tomorrow.” The doctor let out. Kashvi's face swam with confusion at the mention of the baby.

“Am I pregnant?” She exclaimed. Her face contorted with pain as she held her forehead. The nurse assisted her to sit up with a pillow behind her back.

“Yes, you are 4 weeks pregnant.” The doctor informed her. Tears welled up her eyes as she lovingly rubbed her uninjured hand on her flat belly. 

“We are going to be parents, little missy.” I said with a smile on my face once the doctor left the room. Kashvi hadn't seen me until now as I was standing at the far end of the room. She looked up and her smile disappeared. 

Hate, disgust, and pain appeared on her face. 

“Leave. I don't want you here. In fact, I am surprised to see you here at this hour. You should be with your love.” She scoffed looking away. 

“Let me explain, Kash..” 

“I SAID LEAVE THIS ROOM. NOW! I DON'T WANT YOU HERE!” She yelled and tightly clutched her head. I ran to her side. I had never seen Kashvi yelling before this.