Chapter-4

𝑁𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒
𝐽𝑎𝑖 𝑆ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝐾𝑟𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑛𝑎

An Early Update. Please Comment and Vote.

*******************************

Chapter-4

Advik's POV

The next morning, Maa and Sahil visited the hospital. As expected, maa didn't even look at me. I was still sitting outside Kashvi's room. I went inside her room early in the morning to check up on her while she was sleeping. The dried tear stains on her cheeks broke my heart. 

Maa and Sahil stayed inside for an hour before they finally left. I was sitting outside the room when two nurses wheeled Kashvi out. 

“Where are you taking her?” I asked, getting up. 

“To the Gynaecology OPD.” 

I followed them to the OPD and was waiting outside before the nurse called me inside. Kashvi was sitting in front of the doctor. 

“Good morning,” I greeted. There was a middle-aged Doctor seated. She was wearing a very professional smile. 

“Morning, Mr. Ahuja.” She nodded. 

“Everything fine, doctor?” I asked, sitting on the chair beside Kashvi's. 

“Absolutely but I recommend complete bed rest for 3 months. No heavy and stressful work.” She said as she continued writing the prescription. 

“I have written a review and USG at 10 weeks. Take these pills for now and cut down on sugar intake.” She said, handing me the maternity file of Kashvi. The nurses assisted Kashvi back to her room. I trotted behind them to her room.

Two nurses were preparing to shift her to the bed. When I said, “It's okay. I will do it.”

I gathered Kashvi in my arms and deposited her on the bed. The nurses smiled at each other before leaving the room. 

“Give me my file, my maternity file and I think you should leave.” She mumbled and lowered her eyes to her hands. 

“Kashvi, can we please talk?” I said and sat on the edge of the bed. 

“I do not wish to talk to you. It would be better if you leave. My file, please.” She said in a monotonous tone. I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair. 

“Please,” I pleaded. 

“My file, please.” She let out as her eyes teared up. The pain in her eyes was visible. I scrambled to her side and held her by the shoulder but pushed me with both hands. 

“Aaahhh!” Kashvi cried out as held onto her injured wrist. She had used her injured hand when she pushed me.

“I know I have hurt you, Kashvi. Punish me all you want, but why are you hurting yourself? I am responsible for you. Do everything you want to do to me. Take it out all on me. I deserve it.” I said, assessing her wrist.

“I don't even want to see your face. Don't you get it!” She yelled out and broke into tears. Her sobs rippled throughout the whole room. 

“Aapne mujhse shaadi kyu ki Advik Ji? Aapko koi aur pasand thi toh aapne bola kyu nhi? Meri Zindagi kyu barbaad ki aapne?” She whimpered. (Why did you marry me, Advik ji? If you liked someone else, why didn't you tell us then? Why did you have to ruin my life.)

“You could have just said 'No'. My dad would have understood you because he knew better than to get his daughter married to a man who was already involved with a woman. Even mummy Ji (Advik's mother) asked you if you were seeing someone…… That night at the hospital you yourself told me you didn't have a girlfriend. Why didn't you tell our families that you had a woman in your life?” She asked and I could not bring myself to answer. I didn't know how to answer her.