Chapter-10

Namaste
Jai Shree Krishna ❣️

( Please do vote and comment.)

****************************

Chapter - 10

Advik’s POV

I silently walked out of the Agarwal Villa because my mere presence was hurting Kashvi. Maa was offering evening prayers when I entered our house. She looked at me but with no smile, no emotions. Her face didn’t lighten up as it used to. It felt as if nothing was left in my life.

 I sat beside her and silently prayed beside her. I felt lost. I didn’t know how to explain things. Kashvi wasn’t even ready to look at me. I pleaded Mahadev to help me, to guide me. But I knew somewhere or other I was responsible for what was happening in my as well as Kashvi’s life. What I had done was bad karma. And there was no escape from it. My actions had hurt my family. I couldn’t have done anything worse than this. 

I felt a hand caressing my head. It was my mother. I opened my eyes to realise I was crying, so was my mother. “What have you done, Advik? I never expected this from you.” 

“Maa, I didn’t realise things would take this turn. By the time I realised, it was already too late. Maa, please help me. Kashvi is living alone there. She needs someone to take care of her. She is so young. Sahil is there but he is just a child, he has his studies as well. She wouldn’t let me even touch her. She is punishing herself for my deeds. Maa, please help me. Please guide me. I cannot see her like this. I cannot let her go through this phase alone….Maa say something.” I didn’t realise I was crying until Maa wiped my cheeks. 

“Your presence is suffocating her Advik, you have hurt her. She needs time to think. And now it’s your duty to respect whatever decision she makes.’’ She spoke and I felt my head spin.

“No…no, she wants a divorce, Maa. I cannot accept it. I will do whatever she will ask me to. But I cannot leave her. I can’t see a future without her. She wouldn’t even listen to me.” I kneeled in front of her and pressed my forehead. My head was hurting.

“Come with me, I will show you something.” Maa led me to the kitchen. I walked behind her confused. She took a ceramic plate and dropped it on the floor. I stepped back startled.

“Maa…,” I tried to speak but stopped midway seeing her palm.

“Do you see this broken plate?” She asked to which I nodded. 

“Can you fix it and make it look like how it was just a few minutes before?” She asked. I shook my head,”NO.”

“You see, relationships, people and trust are like this. Once broken, they can never be mended. Even if you try to mend them, they will always have cracks. One should never take relationships and people for granted. Care for them while they are still with you, not after they're gone. Marriage is not a child’s play. It’s a big responsibility. In a marriage it is a basic bar and agreement between a husband and wife to remain loyal and faithful to each other. Another man and woman shouldn’t be an option for you, no matter what. Loyalty, respect and trust is the primary foundation of a marriage.” She made me sit on the stool and offered me a glass of water.  

“Our dharma is not just limited to religion or religious practices. Nothing is bigger than Dhama. Our dharma teaches us humanity. Karma is the law of action and reaction which governs life. No one has ever escaped Karma. What goes around comes around. You are all grown up, you are going to be a father in a few months. What opinion will that child have on when he or she gets to know that their father didn’t have the basic decency to respect the marriage vows. Parents are the primary role models to their children.What example are you going to set for your kid. ” Her words kept ringing.

“This journey is yours to make Advik but as your mother it’s my dharma, my responsibility, my duty to appreciate and celebrate your achievements. And it’s also my responsibility to tell you where you went wrong. If you have cheated and disrespected Kashvi, consider yourself disowned. Your past relationship isn’t the reason for your broken marriage but your consent to let it in after you got married. No gave you the right to break  the trust Kashvi had put in you as your wife.” My head snapped towards her side.

“If you repent truly, Krishna ji will surely forgive you because he can’t stay mad at his children who are truly repenting for long. But Kashvi toh insaan hai, woh kaise maaf kar de tumko? Uski bhi toh feelings hai na? Uske feelings ke baare me nhi socha ek baar? Tumhara haath pakad ke aayi thi iss ghar me, aaj woh humare saath nahi hai. Marriage me na sabse zyada zaruri hota h loyal rehna. Tumhare building  wagera banane me ek foundation stone hota hai na waise bhi shadi me bhi Trust aur Loyalty foundation stone hoti h beta. Once they are insulted, the whole marriage comes crumbling down.” She said, staring at nothing in particular. { But Kashvi is a human, how do you expect her to forgive you? She has feelings as well, didn’t you care about her feelings for once? In a marriage loyalty is the most impotant. Trust and loyalty are the foundation stones of a marriage, son.}

“As a mother, maybe even I will forgive you but as a woman I can never.”

“Maa..plea…” I stopped midway when my mother walked out of the kitchen with tears in her eyes. It was the final straw for me. I slumped down on the kitchen floor. The broken pieces of the ceramic plate was the reminder of the mess I had allowed to happen. I was a cheat in the eyes of my family. 

My phone rang, I checked the caller Id. It was an unknown number. I had a feeling it was Shanaya, hence, I declined it. She was a walking trouble in my life. I wish I had done this before.

I was about to block the number when a notification popped up.

“Can we please meet for the last time? I am leaving the country but before that I want to apologise. Please Advik. One last time. I need to tell you something. I promise I won’t try anything inappropriate. Please.”

                                                   -Shanaya

Read the text. I needed to talk to her too and tell her to get the hell out of my life. Or I would have to file a restraining order and harassment complaint against her.

“Meet me at the coffee shop near my office at 10 sharp tomorrow. You only have 10 minutes. And don’t try anything. You have done enough harm.” I wrote back. 

************************************

Namaste ❤️

How is the story so far?

( Vote, comment and share)

🌷 Radhe Radhe 🌷