Chapter -5

Namaste ❤️
Jai Shree Krishna ❤️

Dear readers please vote and comment. The votes and comments I am recieving is comparatively really low as compared to the views. Sincere request please vote and comment.

An Early Update For You All Lovely People.

*****************************

Chapter- 5

Advik's POV

I woke up hearing my phone ringing, it was 6 in the evening. 

“Hello sir, Good evening.” came my Assistant Satish's voice.

“Evening. Everything is fine at the office?” I asked. I didn't go to the office today.

“Yes sir…the Malhotras want to meet you. And…” 

“And?”

“Miss Shanaya…kept on insisting to meet you even after we informed her that you weren't at the office today. She even slapped the receptionist. Then the CFO  called in the security and had her thrown out of the building.” He spoke. 

“He did good. Notify the security to never let her in the building. Also, disable her visitors' smart card.” I instructed before hanging up. 

There was a knock on my door before Maa entered the room with a covered plate. 

“Khana kha lo. You were sleeping when I came earlier.” Maa said as she kept the food in front of me. 

“Maa, will she forgive me?” I asked.

“I don't know. You don't deserve any consideration though.” she said and left the room. Disappointment was clearly evident in her voice. 

I ate the food that was supposed to be my lunch before dragging myself up from the bed. I splashed my face with water and leaned against the wall. I didn't know what to do. If Kashvi didn't find it in her to forgive me then it meant my marriage was over and I was going to lose my wife forever. No, no I couldn't let that happen. I will not let that happen. I would beg for forgiveness. 

Determined, I changed into sweatpants and a T-shirt and left for the hospital. Sahil was studying while Kashvi was sleeping. 

“Sahil, go back home, the driver is here.” I said and sat beside him. He was studying science. He nodded. 

“Bhabi vomited two times after you left. Then the doctor gave her some injection and then she slept.” He said as he kept his books back in his bag. He kissed Kashvi's hand and left. 

I was working on my laptop, when I saw Kashvi moving. 

“Do you need something?” I asked and walked up to here. She didn't answer. I asked again. Still no answer. She was trying to reach for the water. 

“Here,” I filled the glass for her. She didn't take it from me. 

“Why are you here?” she asked in an emotionless voice. 

“I am here for y..” I couldn't complete because Kashvi screamed.

“BUT I DON'T WANT YOU HERE. GET OUT!” 

“Kash… ”

“Leave.” 

“Not in this lifetime, little missy. And yeah happy six month Anniversary.” I said and left the room to give her some space. I had to give her time to accept me. I had to earn her forgiveness. I had to pay for the choices I made. I should have cut off all ties with Shanaya after I found her cheating on me. I shouldn't have allowed her back in my life, not after I knew I was married. I had a feeling she was trouble the moment she approached me in Paris. That was two weeks after my wedding. I should have made it clear to Shanaya that I was only being by her side as a friend. I can never call my actions  a mistake, it was my choice. 

I never had a sexual relationship with Shanaya. Sure, I have kissed her but nothing beyond that. Every time I proposed marriage to Shanaya, she refused because according to her, marriage could ruin her career and I respected her. I wanted to wait for marriage. And I am glad I did. Kashvi is my first just like I am hers. And she shall be my last too. 

I was working on my laptop when I saw a nurse going in with a tray of food in her hand. 

“Excuse me, ma'am. I will take it from here.” I said and took the tray from her. She smiled and nodded.

Kashvi was so lost in thoughts that she didn't even see me entering the room. I placed the food in front of her and sanitised my hands.

“Kashvi, khana.” I said and waved my hand in front of her. (Food)

“Here, let me feed you.” I said and forwarded a spoon of rice mixed with dal. 

She turned her head to the other side. 

“I can have it on my own.” she said.

“I never said you can't. You have complaints with me, don't take it out on food, Kashvi. Now, here.” I said and once again tried to feed her. This time she didn't refuse. 

“Aapne mere sath aisa kyun kiya, Advik ji. Meri zindagi kyun barbaad ki? ( Why did you do this to me? Why did you ruin my life.) You could have just said you were not ready for marriage. Or you had a girlfriend. Even better that you didn't like me. You could have said so many things. No one would have questioned you or forced you into getting married. Papa kisi aur ko dhoond lete mere liye. ( Papa would have looked for someone else as my potential groom.)” She said in a weak and broken voice. Her lips quivered. And finally the tears started making their way down her cheeks. 

“I hate you so much. I wish I never met you.” She said and tightly closed her eyes as if concluding a decision. And took a deep breath.

“I want a divorce.” She spoke and I felt my heart stop. She did not say that…no she did not.

“What…” I barely could let the words out. 

“I WANT A DIVORCE! Do you hear me? I want a divorce. You can be with whoever you want. I want nothing from you. Not even a single penny.” She yelled as she completely broke down. I was too shocked to respond. It felt as if my whole world had shattered. 

“There isn't going to be any divorce. Get that straight. We need to talk when we get back home. You need to listen to me. I know I have done so many wrong things to you. But please, give me a chance to explain myself, a chance to make amends, a chance to repent. Please.” I said. At this point, we both were sobbing. The mere thought of losing Kashvi broke me. Was losing Kashvi my punishment? Did I not deserve a second chance like mom said?

What if Kashvi really leaves me? 

My head was spinning, I held the side rail of the bed tightly. My vision was blurred with tears. I tried to get up and then I finally lost it. Darkness enveloped me, I faintly heard Kashvi calling my name. I smiled, she still cared. 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

🌷 Radhe Radhe 🌷

Vote, comment and share

How is the story so far?