Chapter-9

Namaste ❤️
Hare Krishna ❣️

Kindly vote and comment my dear readers. It motivates me to write better. Pretty please.

************************************

Chapter-9
Present Day
Advik's POV

Kashvi was scheduled to get discharged in the afternoon today. I was needed at the office for some urgent commitments. Maa was there at the hospital with Kashvi.  

I drove to the hospital after the work was done. I entered her room to see an elderly woman settled there.  

“Excuse me, I am here to discharge my wife Kashvi Ahuja but she is not in her room.” I asked the front desk.  

“May I know the room number sir?”  

“12A” 

“The room was vacated today at 12:54 after all the discharge formalities were done.” 

“Thank you.” I directly drove back home. Maa must have discharged her.  

“Maa, I am home. You didn't inform me that you were bringing Kashvi home,” I asked and looked around for Kashvi. She must be in our room.  

“Because I wasn't bringing her home. She wished to go back to her home after the discharge. I dropped her off at her villa. She refused to come back here to the point that she started crying. This house doesn't feel like home to her anymore.” Maa spoke and a tear rolled down her cheeks. My heart dropped to my stomach. She wasn't home. She refused to move back here.  

“Maa, how…” I couldn't complete it. 

“Advik listen to me carefully. No one absolutely no one is responsible for your broken marriage except you. You did this.” My mother yelled at me. 

“I am sorry. I didn't know things would take this turn. Please maa…believe me I never cheated on Kashvi. Yes, I did a few wrong things but I never cheated on her. I love her maa. Please help me.” I was kneeling in front of her holding her hand. I knew I was crying. But the thought of my marriage being over was killing me. I couldn't lose Kashvi. And the saddest part was I didn't know where to start. 

“Maa, please help me. I don't know where to start. Maa…. please. I cannot lose her. I love her a lot. Maa…please look at me once.” I begged my mother but she didn't spare me a glance. 

“You should have thought of the consequences before doing anything. You weren't forced into any of this. You have made the bed now lie on it.” Maa said. 

“Sahil wants to live with Kashvi for the next few months. He is there with her,” maa said to which I nodded. It was good that one of us was there with her. And moreover Sahil listened to Kashvi the most. A thick envelope of silence surrounded us. I was sitting near her feet when she finally rose from her seat and went to her room. 

I took a deep breath. I couldn't just sit here knowing my wife was distancing herself from me with each passing moment. 

I almost ran to the Agarwal Villa and knocked on the door. I rang the doorbell and soon it was opened by the house help didi.  

“Didi, where is Kashvi and Sahil?” I asked. 

“Oh, they both are napping in their respective rooms. Gudiya(Kashvi) has shifted to sahab’s room downstairs (Kashvi’s late father) and Sahil baba is in the guest room upstairs. ” She answered to which I mumbled a small thank you. 

I stood outside Kashvi’s room and took a deep breath before twisting the knob and entering. Kashvi was in a deep slumber. I steadily sat on the bed beside her. I studied her face only to realise that she had cried herself to sleep. The tear stains on her rosy cheeks were very much visible. My eyes further went to her plastered hand, she was holding a photo frame. It was a photo of papa ji (Kashvi’s father) holding a ten or eleven year old on his back while Kashvi was sticking out her tongue at the camera.Cute. Kashvi has always been an adorable kid but she was an adorable grown up too.