Chapter-7

Namaste
Hare Krishna ❣️
(Please vote and comment readers)
************************************

Chapter- 7
Flashback
Third person's POV

“Hey man,”  

“Why are you here?” Advik asked emotionlessly, he didn't bother with the greetings. 

“Come on, man. Are you still sour over that girlfriend of yours? It was just a one-time thing. We just fucked. Anyway, she was very sexually frustrated. So we just hooked up and she kept on ranting how you won't sleep with her before marriage because of some stupid belief of yours. Plus, she thought my surname could bring her a few modelling assignments. Take it, easy man, I am done with her. She is all yours.” Vijay bragged casually. Advik was disgusted when he realised that once he had dreamt of a family with someone like Shanaya. 

“I will ask you again, why are you here? Our contract ends next month, you will get your percentage of the profit. Now leave.” Advik said with a straight face. 

“I just dropped by to say hello, that's it.” He smirked. Advik clenched his hands into a fist. 

“Next time, don't even bother with a 'hello.’ ” Advik roared.

“Easy there, man. I am leaving.” Vijay said defensively and left the cabin.

The rest of the day, he tried to distract himself from thinking about Shanaya instead he tried to focus on Kashvi. He left office a little early as he had to buy a Saree, a gold chain and an engagement ring for Kashvi. It was a ritual in Advik's family to give a saree and a gold chain to the Bride as a confirmation of the proposal and Alliance on the day of 'Sagaai'. 

Advik scratched his head as he scanned the numerous sarees laid out in front of him. 

'How was one supposed to choose from one of them? No wonder women took forever when they went shopping.' He thought.

There were both designer sarees as well as traditional sarees. He decided to buy one from each. A lilac-coloured designer saree with pearl work. And an off-whit-and-red banarasi saree. He hoped Kashvi would like them. He then went to buy a gold chain for Kashvi. Picking up the gold chain was easy but choosing the engagement ring wasn't so easy. After a lot of browsing his eyes finally caught a gold floral motif ring with a small diamond on top.  

Tomorrow would be the 'Tilak' and 'Sagaai' ceremonies. But before that, he wanted to speak to Kashvi. 

“Oh my Krishna! Kitna pyara ring hai. It will complement Kashvi so well. Look at the sarees, they are so pretty.” Savita ( Advik's mom) exclaimed. Advik was pleased with his mother's reaction, now he hoped Kashvi would like them.

“Maa, I want to talk to Kashvi. I am going to their house.” Advik said. His mother nodded.

“Aate waqt uss bandar (Sahil) ko bhi le aana, dinner ka time ho raha hai. Kashvi is helping him with Trigonometry.” Savita said. (While coming back, bring that Monkey (Sahil) too, it's time for dinner.)

“Okay, Maa.” Advik laughed.

Advik rang the doorbell and started tapping his foot. The door opened revealing the newly hired house help. He stepped inside and walked to the living room. Kashvi was very gently explaining a sum to Sahil. He fake cleared his throat.  

Kashvi's eyes connected to Advik's. Her eyes lit up. Sahil sneaked out of the living space to Kashvi's gaming room, leaving the soon-to-be bride and groom alone. 

“How's uncle?” Advik asked. 

“He is better than before, just went to bed after dinner.” She answered. 

“Kashvi, I need to have a few words with you.” He said as he sat opposite Kashvi.

She nodded. 

“I hope you already know that we are to wed. Tomorrow is our Tilak.” He started.

“I am aware.” 

“Are you okay with our age gap?” He asked. 

Kashvi thought for a while before answering, “Yes, I am.”

“Do you drink or smoke?” Kashvi asked after a while.  

“I don’t smoke but yeah I do drink sometimes when I attend parties, like once or twice in a year, not more than that.” He replied honestly. 

They talked a few more minutes before finally bidding 'Good night' to each other.  Advik thought of telling about Shanaya to Kashvi but held himself back. 

Next morning…

Kashvi and her father went to the Ahujas' for the tilak. Advik's eyes were glued to Kashvi as she entered the Pooja room(Home temple). She was donning the off-whit-and-red banarasi saree. She had kept her makeup minimal. Savita ( Advik's mom) made her sit beside Advik. The priest chanted the holy mantras while Adviks' paternal uncle conducted the tilak ceremony. The elders of the family blessed the couple and showered Kashvi with gifts.

It was time for the ring exchange ceremony. Kashvi slipped the gold band with a small diamond onto Adviks' fingers. In return, Advik did the same with the ring he had bought the previous day for Kashvi. Advik leaned in to tie the gold chain around Kashvi's neck, “You look beautiful.” Advik whispered and promptly a rudy colour appeared on Kashvi's cheeks.

Kashvi stared in awe at the ring adorning her finger. It was stunning. 

The priest confirmed the nearest auspicious date of the wedding to be after a week and the next one would be four months after that. After thoroughly discussing it with the couple, the elders went ahead with the week away date. Everyone hugged and congratulated each other to celebrate the coming union of the two families.

Advik touched Keshav's (Kashvi's father) feet. He in return grabbed Advik in a loving embrace. 

Kashvi bent down to touch Savita's feet but instead, Savita( Advik's mother) pulled Kashvi in a motherly embrace. She kissed Kashvi's cheeks, “May Lord Krishna bless you. May you achieve everything you wish. I will always support you.” 

“Mere baccho ko kisi ki nazar na lage.” Savita said as she smeared a bit of Kajal (Kohl) behind the ears of Kashvi and Advik.

Keshav felt at peace when he saw Kashvi being adored and loved by the Ahujas'. Somewhere he wished that his wife was still around to witness all this. He hoped that Anuradha would be happy by the way he had raised their daughter. He silently prayed to God to keep his daughter happy forever. He sighed as Kashvi hugged him and rested her head on his chest. He wanted to pause and lock this moment forever. 

************************************

( Vote , comment and share)
🌷Radhe Radhe 🌷