Chapter Thirteen: Escaping Elysium

(Warning: This chapter contains some foul language which may not be suitable for some readers.)

~Chapter Thirteen~
Escaping Elysium

Isis raised her hand and the siege weapons opened fire upon Owin and his companions. A barrage of large boulders were now heading right towards the balcony on which they were standing, just as they were about to come hurtling towards them Aqua yelled to her friends.

Aqua: "Quickly everyone gather around me!" Everyone hurried and circled around her, she only had but a few seconds before the large rocks would crush them all. Aqua didn't even have the time to utter an invocation, she simply extended her arms out to her sides and a large sphere of yellow light surrounded her and the others. She had gotten her shield up just in time as the boulders began to rain down upon them. The force of the rocks caused the balcony to crumble and break apart beneath their feet. "Everyone brace yourselves, we're going down!" Aqua yelled as the balcony floor gave out and they started falling towards the courtyard ground surrounded by dust and large debris from the tower. They then crashed into the ground hard, but the shield still held up from the impact. The large bits and pieces of the tower bouncing off the shield piling up around it. The dust soon cleared and Isis looked up to the balcony and noticed that Owin and his friends were nowhere in sight. She then walked forward examining the destruction in front of her.

Isis: "Get this mess cleaned up now and search for their bodies, I need to know for certain that those bastards are dead!" Just as Isis had said that the pile of rubble in front of her exploded, giving her barely enough time to get a shield up around herself. The sheer force of the explosion had sent the large tower pieces flying forward crushing a great number of Isis's soldiers, golems and siege weaponry. The agonizing sounds of the wounded army had soon filled the air. The dust had soon settled and there standing just a few feet in front of her were Owin and the others ready for battle.

Owin: "Isis I'm giving you this one chance, give up and let us go!" She let out a loud evil laugh.

Isis: "Hahahahahaha, you want me to give up!? You think that this foolish endeavor of yours will end the way you think it will Slayer, but you are far too wrong." She then looked back to her army they were still recovering from from the explosion. She snapped her fingers and the screams of pain had suddenly stopped as if nothing had ever even happened to them. She then turned back towards Owin and spoke. "Seeing as how you're still alive, I'm guessing you defeated Zacharias, it's a pity that I expected more from him being one of the four generals, but he was just a small sample of my experiments." Isis snapped her fingers again and what was left of the army came running up behind her. She smiled at Owin and the others as she watched their surprised faces turn to shock and fear. "Like I said he was just a small sample, as you can clearly see my entire army is made up of human-vampire hybrids!"

Owin: "This is wrong Isis! You've violated the laws and treaties of the United Arnorian Kingdoms! Not to mention all the other illegal misdeeds you and the Empire have conducted!" Isis laughed yet again.

Isis: "Hahaha, do you really think that I care about that? Do you really think the Emperor cares about the treaties?! You really have no idea what's coming, and luckily you won't be finding out either." Again Isis snapped her fingers then disappeared into the crowd. Her hybrid army and golems charged towards Owin and the others. He drew his sword charging forward, his green eyes burning with raw power.

Owin: "Slayer Art, Form Three, Siren's Song!" He swung his sword horizontally at the charging force, the attack emitted a very loud screeching sound making the hybrids drop to the ground holding their ears. "Now Percival!" Just then Percival charged forward swinging his mighty greatsword, the powerful attack slicing the air hitting the first wave of hybrids, cutting them in half.