Chapter Eighteen: The Great Evil

(Waring: this chapter contains foul language, torture, mentions of blood and gore and may not be suitable for some readers.)

~Chapter Eighteen~
The Great Evil

Isis's screams had filled the main hall of the fortress. Luke's spell of revenge was inflicting upon her the pain and suffering of all the countless victims she had hurt over the years. The boy just stood there laughing as he watched his work in action, but his teacher Aqua could do nothing but watch in horror, the boy that she knew was indeed gone. She closed her eyes looking away and at the same time unknowingly reached out to Owin's mind begging for him to come save her and stop this madness. Luke continued to watch for a few more minutes until he grew bored of Isis's screaming.

Luke: "Even though I could listen to your agonizing cries of torment all night, I've grown tired of hearing you." With a snap of his fingers Isis's neck snapped and she fell to the ground dead, her corpse mangled, bruised and broken. Aqua still couldn't bear to look at Luke, she was crying and trembling in fear which Ryo caught notice of.

Ryo: "Luke what the hell did you just do?! Sure Isis deserved to die, but she didn't deserve to be tortured to death like that! Just look at what you've done to Aqua! Your teacher, your mentor can't even stand the sight of you right now!" Luke looked down at her and then over to Ryo.

Luke: "I'm tired of hearing that name, what part of "I'm not Luke anymore" don't you people understand? So how Aqua feels right now means nothing to me. The boy you knew is dead, his soul was extinguished the moment I took over his body." He then knelt down and gently turned Aqua's face towards him, as he did she opened her eyes and looked into his. "Somehow you knew I wasn't exactly human didn't you Aqua? You've always wondered how Luke killed those upier all those years ago. It was me, I awoke just long enough to kill those vermin and save the boy's life. I awoke many times in fact when his life was put in imminent danger or whenever he felt great rage, like the other day in fact when we were escaping the Elysium Tower. Luke watched you die right in front of him and he was so angry that I was able to slip out and kill those guards. I even brought you back to life for him because the boy cared about you a great deal." Her facial expressions didn't change one bit after hearing all that, she just kept crying staring into his eyes for a while.

Aqua: "Who exactly are you then if you aren't Luke?" He smiled at her.

Luke: "Now that is a good question, but to be honest I don't even know who I am yet. I've gone by many names over the centuries by many cultures. The elves once called me heru arauco, or the master demon. I've also been known as the darkness among other things, but I believe that it was Galahadri who referred to me as the Great Evil." Aqua's face turned into a look of pure terror when she heard him say that. "You're scared and for that I don't blame you." He then stood back up looking around the room to those who were still alive and they all looked back at him in fear. The boy couldn't help but smile knowing that they were all frightened by him. He soon turned his attention back towards Killian who was still bleeding out on the floor. The vampire had the same look of fear on his face that he had the night he looked into Luke's mind. "Haha, now you know what I am, a monster just like you." Luke walked over and kicked Killian onto his back, before putting his foot upon the man's chest. "Except that I'm way more monstrous than you'll ever be!" He then stomped his foot down hard, crushing Killian's chest causing him to die instantly. "Now that this disgusting creature is dead, I think it's time that I take my leave. I can finally finish that which I started all those years ago." Luke removed his foot from Killian's body and made his way over to the guards in front of the main door. "You're in my way." With a flick of his wrist they all exploded into small piles of blood, guts and bone. He then continued to the doors pushing them open and making his way into the fortress courtyard where he ran into Owin and Percival.