Chapter Seven: Right Hand of the Emperor

~Chapter Seven~
Right Hand of the Emperor 
It was a warm fall Ocktober night in the city of Zhagos, but something terrible had happened that night in this usually peaceful city. A vampire had attacked a young girl's family and taken her captive. Her fiancé Orion Grim had hired an old friend of his, Owin a Slayer of Croft Hold to save her and not long after he had a run in with another old friend, Aqua Moonfall, a witch and teacher of the Noxmore School of Magic. She and her student Luke Bloodgood were all too eager to help Owin in his effort to save the girl from her captor or so they were led to believe, but little did they know of Orion's true intentions. After they left Orion walked over to one of his nearby guards and to speak with him.

Orion: "I want you to double the guards and report to me the moment anyone sees them return with or without Arwen and get this mess cleaned up as well, burn everything we don't need anyone snooping around in business they shouldn't be involved in." The guard simply nodded then Orion turned and disappeared into the crowd. He kept walking until he was out of everyone's sight and slipped down a nearby alleyway. He kept going until he came to a nearby bridge. Orion looked around to make sure no one was watching or following him before proceeding down a set of steps that lead under the bridge where a dark shadowy figure was waiting for him. "It's been done, her transformation has started. She killed her parents and fled when some of my guards went to confront her but I've got no idea where she may have gone."

Shadowy Figure: "If the transition has started then she'll be looking for the one who she's now bound to." The figure then stepped out of the shadows revealing himself to Orion, it was Killian, the very vampire whose blood was used to turn the girl. "You were supposed to kill her the moment she turned, but obviously you missed your window of opportunity. Tell me Orion, how could you possibly fail at your own plan?"

Orion: "Don't worry Killian, my father had placed you here as a back up plan just in case the original one had gone awry. Although I had to improvise a new one so I'll need your assistance for it to work. I had hired an old friend of mine to track her down and "save" her, he's a Slayer by trade."

Killian: "A Slayer? You hired a Gods damn monster-slayer?! What exactly did you tell him Orion?"

Orion: "I had no choice! I had to tell him something. I couldn't just play dumb with him because he would have seen right through my lies. He ended up finding the poultice you made and said it would help him track Arwen down. I told him I hired him to find her and to kill you..."

Killian: "You did what?!" Killian walked up close to Orion, with an angry fire in his eyes. "Curse you Orion, now I've got to clean up this mess of yours. Luckily for you I'm in a killing mood all of a sudden. I'll have to find a suitable place to do it though, someplace his body will never be found. You said he was using the poultice to track Arwen? Then I'll just summon her to me and use her as bait, it'll bring him straight to me. Is there anything else I should know about before I go?"

Orion: "Yes a witch and a boy from Noxmore might be with him as well. They came by and started asking questions, so I sent them after the Slayer. I assume you'll take care of them as well?" Killian sighed.

Killian: "It seems as if I don't have much of a choice in the matter now. I'll take care of them and anyone else that decides to get in my way."

Orion: "Good and in the meantime I have a very important meeting that I can't afford to miss. I'll be at Whitestone Fortress so meet me there when it's finished." Killian just glared at Orion with evil intent, soon disappearing into a cloud of smoke. Orion then left the underside of the bridge and made his way back up the steps heading towards the fortress he mentioned to Killian. The streets were almost empty, except for the few people out decorating for the festival and the occasional night guard. Orion soon arrived at Whitestone Fortress where he was greeted by the guards watching the gate.